To Binge

2D closed his eyes as Little Dragon began playing their parts along with Murdoc. The music was strange. Calming...melancholy, with a few bits of happiness. It was almost like an upbeat song about a heart being broken. Why was it so familiar?

Once Yukimi started singing, 'Waiting by the mailbox, by the train,' 2D frowned. It was familiar because he wrote it. He had written this song.

"Stop, please." 2D blurted, causing the smooth flow of instruments being played to give a deafening feedback.

Murdoc glared at the vocalist.

"What is it now, faceache?"

"This...This song. I wrote this. I wrote it with...Paula. Why's it on the album, Muds?" 2D could feel his chest tightening up at the thought of his ex-girlfriend.

"The fuck d'you mean 'you wrote it with Paula?' Who the fuck is...oh, yeah. Her." Murdoc smirked evilly and cackled. "That old broad of yours. The one I shagged in the toilets back at Kong? Yeah, I remember her now."

2D could feel his heart beating rapidly and it hurt. He felt like his heart was breaking all over again and that the pieces were disintegrating right in his chest. He wanted to attack Murdoc.

The vocalist threw himself at the bassist in an angry fury. Murdoc easily caught 2D and kicked him in the stomach, causing him to double over in pain. He lie on the floor clutching his injured diaphragm. Little Dragon tried to ignore the fighting going on and glanced around the recording studio as if the volume knobs and speakers were suddenly the most interesting things. Murdoc continued kicking at the cowering vocalist. Bruises slowly began to appear on 2D's body and he shut his eyes tightly, trying to fight back tears. Awful flashbacks ran through his mind as he was beat up and cursed at by the bassist.

2D loved Paula, and she loved him. She said she did. For a long time, they really loved each other. 2D reminded Paula every day that he truly admired her and that he always wanted her near. And in the beginning, Paula replied the same to him. Over time, 2D noticed, Paula was quickly becoming tired of him. Especially when she had come to join Gorilla as their guitarist.

"I love you so much, Paula." 2D remarked quietly.

"Yeah, Stu." Paula sighed, eyeing up Murdoc who was drinking beer on the other side of the living room.

"Paula, do you love me?" 2D asked. Truthfully, he was afraid of what her answer would be. She never answered.

Once Murdoc got up, Paula pushed 2D's head from her lap and followed suit. 2D sat upright, feeling quite neglected. What had he done wrong? Why was Paula being so...cold? A few months earlier she had loved him so much. Now...it was only 'yeah, Stu.' 2D bit his lip anxiously. Then he heard Russel shouting.

The vocalist ran in the direction of the yelling and his eyes widened at the sight. Murdoc was leaning over one of the sinks in the restroom, covering his nose, blood seeping between the lines of his fingers. 2D winced at the sight of Paula sitting on the floor in the third stall; naked, with only her small shirt concealing her body (it didn't cover much). Surprisingly, she didn't seem angry. Russel made her stand up and he roughly pushed her out the door. 2D stared at his hands in shock.

"Muds...you...Paula...w-what..." Was all he could muster up.

Murdoc gave him a cruel, muffled laugh. "I did you a favor, mate. She was an ugly bird."

Tears welled up in 2D's eyes once they looked up to meet Murdoc's mocking ones.

"I loved her, Murdoc! You sodding swine...you...you..." 2D's bottom lip trembled and he ran out of the restroom.

2D winced once his flashback was over. Murdoc gave one last kick to his ribcage, bringing the singer back to reality.

"Finish recording, you dullard." Murdoc hissed. He stopped hurting the vocalist and went back to his bass. 2D stumbled upwards, a killer migraine beginning to form in his head. He grabbed the microphone anyway and waited for Yukimi to restart her verse.

'Waiting by the mailbox, by the train
Passin' by the hills 'til I hear the name
I'm looking for a saw to cut these chains in half and all I want is
Someone to rely on as
Thunder comes a rolling down
Someone to rely on as
Lightning comes a staring in again'

2D licked his dry lips before starting.

'I'll wait to be forgiven
Maybe I never will
My star has left me
To take the bitter pill'

He could feel the tears streaming down his face as he sang. An image of Paula flashed in his mind and he continued vocalizing with the small lines of saltwater tracing his bruised cheeks.

'That shattered feeling
Well the cause of it's a lesson learned
Just don't know if I could roll into the sea again
"Just don't know if I could do it all again" she said, it's true'

2D felt the awful panging in his chest again and he bit his lip. 'You could do it all again, Paula. I would love for you to break my heart. I don't mind if it breaks over and over again...As long as it's being shattered by you.'