Ruined III

Summary: Alice and FP hash it out and get some closure.

Rating: Still M.

Genre: more smut.

~~Ruined III~~

They're on opposite ends of her couch, Alice is only two feet away from him hugging a cushion in her lap. Her hair is in a haphazard bun and her glasses are firmly on the end of her nose as she keeps her gaze fixed on her tv. There's only a few minutes left but FP isn't really paying attention. It pretty much a done deal at this point, the players are just wasting time.

FP does his best to stop glancing at her and wondering if she put on new underwear in the time he had been gone.

He wishes things could return to normal between them, that they could go back to making innuendos and trading serpent imagery. They were finally getting along again after decades of estrangement and now it's just... awkward.

Somehow awkward is worse than when Alice hated him.

"That's it," she picks up the remote and shuts off the screen.

"Hey!" FP gapes at her. "It was almost over!"

"Don't look at me like that. I know you're not watching the game," she huffs and adjusts her dark frames. "There's a giant elephant in the room and we need to talk about it."

FP groans.Ever since the insanity of the last year, Alice has been on this honesty kick and now FP is really starting to question his initial support of this policy.

"Can't we just pretend that it never happened? We used to be very good at that."

"No. We agreed to be honest with one another. No more secrets. No more lies."Alice crosses her arms.

"So I found your used underwear in the couch cushions... so what? It's not like I walked in on you or anything," FP shrugs. "It's not a big deal. You're just turning it into one."

"That's easy for you to say," her eyes narrow, issuing a challenge. "How would you feel if I interrupted you pleasuring yourself?"

FP swallows. She couldn't possibly know how close he was when she had called... could she?

"Yeah well, I'm not the one who set up camp on the couch and went for it in the middle of the day..."

"Please, FP. It's not like you never did that," Alice snorts. "As I recall, you were quite the horndog as a teenager."

If the image of Alice all hot and bothered on this couch wasn't enough, FP now has to content with the humiliation of hearing her words.

"I knew I should have stayed home,." he grumbles and slinks further into the cushions.

Alice pushes her pillow away and scoots closer. Her brows pull together as she studies him. "Why does this bother you so much?"

Knowing Alice wants to talk about it rather than let it simmer makes FP realize just how determined she is to fix this problem between them. He finally tilts his head towards her, and is blown away by the jolt of awareness he experiences whenever he looks into her beautiful eyes. He really should be used to it by now.

"Well, you see, Alice ," FP drags out her name, receiving an intrigued eyebrow in return."I don't want you to think I'm a huge pervert because seeing your wet panties got me all hot and bothered."

"Oh did it now?" A mischievous smile appears on her face. "Did you... take care of it?"

"I tried. A certain phone call interrupted."