Nebula

Thank you all for the comments and the votes.

I am saving the small talk for after the chapter.

Space Trivia.

Nebula: A cloud of dust and gas in space, usually illuminated by one or more stars. Nebulae represent the raw material the stars are made of.

Music: I Believe by Christina Perri.

Happy birthday to our Khun Ying Tee.

I wanted to wait before posting this chapter but I have no self-control. 

Enjoy!

Edit: Corrections have been done on this chapter.

Beam's Pov:

Countless times I wondered if I made a good call by accepting this Moon nomination. I never thought I would be this busy.

Between my part-time job, my studies and the Moon contest I feel like my head will explode.

So what is going on now?

I stare in disbelief at Yo, then Forth. My eyes were going from one to the other expecting a gotcha P'Beam.

... but none was forthcoming.

"Can you repeat?" I ask Yo.

Maybe I was daydreaming.

"Why don't you come to dine with us?" Forth asks through gritted teeth.

"Yo?" I ask again, deliberately ignoring that jerk.

"Yeah, that would be funny! P'Forth is treating us to some hot pot. You love hotpot P'Beam. Plus, you must be so tired putting books back on their shelves and doing registration! I can't enjoy eating if my older brother is slaving around in this dreadful place. What if you fall sick? Have you eaten already? I don't think so because P'Tul told me you didn't. Oh! P'Tul wanted to come, but he changed his mind when Forth's older brother showed up. Which reminds me! P'Max is coming with us. He wants to apologize to you..." Yo rambles, drowning his older brother's under the unending flow of his words.

I feel light-headed just hearing him speak.

I glared at HIM.

Forth is doing the same, and I feel like punching him, but I am so tired and Yo would be mad at me.

We had to learn choreography for the Moon contest and P'Pha was supervising us...more like ordering us around. The most ridiculous mistakes were the occasion for harsh criticism.

To everyone's dismay, Pha is, in fact, a good dancer.

'What can't this guy do?'

Listening to other contestants' gossiping, I learned that Pha and Forth are cousins. Max is Forth's older brother, but the eldest is a former engineering student, now graduated, named Earth. Pha and Park are twin brothers despite their appearances. Also, Earth is the only one who can scare Max into obedience, something Pha uses for leverage...often.

Finally, the Kongthanins raised the Jarmonhums after the death of their parents.

All in all, I ended up understanding this weird family better...as much as one can understand those lunatics.

As for Forth and I, we are trying to be civil for Yo's sake by avoiding each other as much as possible.

Although it isn't possible when Yo feels the need to include me on their dates.