Chapter 5 - Commotion.

Friday, 5:50 pm

I regained consciousness and opened my eyes but closed it immediately. I didn't want to open them. I didn't want to see the government building. I didn't want to see that they had taken my sister and see that it was all my fault.

I heard people talking and I got up quickly, I leaned on the palms of my hands and felt an excruciating pain through my left arm.

I screamed and fell back on the couch where I was sitting ... Wait? That couch was ... the couch in my living room? Everything was so dark ... Then someone came and turned on the light that hurt me in my eyes. As my eyes adjusted to the light I could make out the figure of a girl with black hair and brown skin. She started to speak:

-Hi Rebecca,How are you? I'm Carmen, Carmen García but you can call me Cam,Do you Remember me?

-Yeah, uh, hi Cam,call me Becca please,What happened? Where is my sister?

-Calm Becca, your sister is in the kitchen. You were shot when you were going to enter the building, Ryan and Marc were out and shot down the shooters. I caught you, you moved a lot and you fell but I returned to catch you and brought you here, and you fell asleep. It's Friday, are ...-She looked at the small gold watch on her wrist.- wait...6:00 pm. Do you want me to help you to go to the kitchen?

I nodded and went with her to the kitchen. We arrived and there were plenty of members of the rebel group,Marc and his family,José and her wife,Renné,(Cam's fathers) Ryan with Her fathers too (I think they're Serena and Michael) and my mother and my sister. My mother started to speak, she looked angry but worried:

-Why were you there last night? Tell me the truth, please, your sister is in her bedroom,She didn't want to talk about it, She's still in shock.

I decided to tell all, that dad wasn't dead, he was in the building and that Ryan had seen him. My mom's face changed, now seemed surprised, sad.

-We just wanted to see him, sorry, we should not have gone. I'm going out to clear my head, see you then.

My arm was burning with the contact of the wind. The questions flew through my head. Why shoot at us? Who are they? I walked while I looked for some answers and suddenly I heard voices in an alley to my right. I couldn't believe what I saw: my father was kneeling on the floor in front of two men dressed in black who were pointing him with their guns.

My father was screaming and I had to do something but...What?

                                ***

Open ending for the continuation in another book.