Strange love {chapter three}

Strange love (chapter three)

Nehemia \ Rocco

Nearly three hours of shopping, we head on back to the apartment. I bought necessities, tampons, underwear, face wash, creams, deodorant, makeup and other things in that category.

It seemed as if Clarissa had an unlimited bank account, not caring about the price and just swiping the card. I tried to get the cheapest things except she always shook her head and made me chose the most expensive things, even with me denying needing them.

I had bought shoes, jeans and anything I would ever need. Tomorrow is when I start at RHS. Raptor High School. The name sounds terrible but it can't be any worst than the other schools I've been too.

Even after being at hundreds of schools, I always get nervous which is crazy because I know I won't last there. Something always ends up happening. I can't wait for high school to be over and I can go onto my life without having someone to look after me because the state says so. I want to go to college, become a lawyer but it's very slim. Switching schools three times a year is not a good look on college applications. It shows you had a inconsistent education.

Shaking my head of these thoughts, I hope out of the car and follow Clarissa through the apartment entrance doors and up the elevator. We enter the apartment and I head towards my room when she stops me.

"Hey, Nehemia" she says suddenly and I turn to see her placing the shopping bags on the kitchen counter. "Tomorrow you start at Raptor and I wanted to let you know that, the school isn't exactly the best. It is a normal high school, but the kids there are..." she trails off as if rethinking what she's trying to say.

"Don't worry, I bet you I've been to worst"

She shakes her head "yes, maybe you have. Regardless your senior year is important and I want to keep you here for as long as possible. So, I am not going to force you into anything but please, if there is any situation let me know"

I nod my head obediently, even though I won't be able to keep that promise. She must sense it as well because she sighs and roams around in her purse for something.

"Here" she says handing me something. I pick it up and it's a key. "This is a key to the apartment, so you won't half to wait for me or if anything happens you can come in as you like. My schedule starts up in an a couple of days, since I took a week off to show you around. My schedule is unpredictable so you need that independence. Don't worry about money, but if you would like you can get a job. Curfew is 11:00 on school nights, and weekends I trust you to make your own judgments"

I take the key and hold it in my hand. Never, never have I been giving this much power to do what I wanted. I want to hug her, but I hold myself to it. This won't last so don't get used to it, I tell myself. Because it never lasts.

"Thank you" I say quietly.

"Now" she says, zipping up her purse "I'm sure you have things to get to, so do what you want. There's pasta in the fridge if you'd like, and I'll be in my room"

I watch as she walks down the hall and enters her room. I enter the bathroom and take out the new shampoo I got and stare at myself in the mirror.

"You got this" I whisper. I take off my shirt and look at the tattoo sitting on the Inside of my wrist that I hide all the time. You got this is tattooed in small letters. It's my mantra that I got when I was 15 from a tattoo convention for $20 bucks.