Chapter 1

Jack awoke with a start. It was the same dream that he always had since she left. Danielle had met her soulmate after she graduated from the academy. He had always felt extremely protective over her. Since jack had never had a little sister, only an older brother. After she met her soulmate she moved to another village.

He always wondered if he would ever meet his soulmate. All he knew was that she would have water and light powers. The only other thing that would let him know is that one of his powers would try and reach out to her. For him it would probably be his darkness.

He decided not to think about this right now. So he rolled out of bed and got dressed. He wore his normal jean shorts and tank top, since his internal flame keeps him warm. His mother is the same since his fire power is from her.

Jack walked out of his room and saw that his brother was visiting. Jack was staying with his parents, since a really bad nightmare caused his house to go up in flames. This time he was taking his mothers advice and making it out of flame retardant material. He wondered why his brother came home early, he wasn't supposed to be home until the next year. 

"Jack, heard about what happened, got to meditate dude. That's what helped me with my problems." His brother called to him, grinning at him somewhat playfully. "What ever man, don't you have some water to splash in?" Jack retorted, going over to the bread and lightly toasting a slice.

His brother's grin faltered slightly, "I got sent home." "Why, did you flirt with Eldoris again?" He was teasing his brother like always, when his brother suddenly got a look on his face that he never had before. He somberly looked at Jack for a moment, then responded with "I can't control water anymore."