4. /"Forever"\

Chapter 4

----

"Come on then little Tj," he signaled me to hop off the bed, which I did, and I followed him out the room and down multiple hallways.

We finally reached a large gym-like room, my bare feet padding against the smooth floors. There were about twelve people in here, six girls and six boys.

"Tj, this is the official pack." he motioned them to come near us and they crowded around, each person was holding a hand.

"They mated during the ceremony you missed, so this is the pack.

"Rey and Syndy, Mandi and Hanson, Will and Rach, Paige and Kyle, Abigail and Ryan, and Olivia and Blake. Everyone, is this my daughter is Tj." he pointed to each couple.

They all smiled at me and I nodded back, looking at the top of their heads.

"Why isn't she making eye contact?" Mandi asked, stepping toward but still holding Hanson's hand.

"She was raised that way, Mandi." he responded, and she hushed up.

"I will see you all later." I told them, and walked briskly out of the room feeling tears well up in my eyes.

I slapped myself once I got back into my room.

I locked the door and slid down the smooth mahogany, clutching my face. Why am I crying?

I forced myself to stop crying, biting harshly on my bottom lip. As I stared blanky at my plain wall of the bedroom dad gave me, I thought to myself, maybe a mate will be good for me.

Maybe it'll cure this gnawing pain in the pit of my stomach.

----

A week & a half later.

"Tj?" Dad's familiar voice asked through my door, he knocked on it softly.

"Come in!" I shouted, thumbing through my magazine. Dad came in and sat down on the bed, kicking back with his shoes off.

"The next pack's ceremony is coming in three days, aren't you nervous Tal?" asked dad.

I shrugged, "I'm not really going to get overexcited about someone I've never met. I only need you and Mom..." I said quietly, putting the magazine on the nightstand.

He nodded, and handed me a small box. I gave him a questioning look and he gestured for me to open it.

Slowly, I opened the box, seeing a sapphire-blue thing glint in the dim lighting. It was a necklace, a simple, yet elegant necklace with a sapphire gem dangling in the middle.

"Whats this for dad?" I asked, holding the necklace in my hand, dangling it in the light for a better view.

"Just know that you should wear it during the ceremony." he told me, kissed my head and walked to the door.

"Oh and, start packing. We leave for the other camp tonight." he said before closing the door.

It's so beautiful... There were small diamonds crafted next to the sapphire square diamond, the chain was silver, and there was a silver heart piece attached to the main sapphire diamond.

'TJ' was engraved on the back, and I smiled at how personal and loving it was.

After oogling at my new piece of jewellry, I began to pack a small bag of clothes. I added my bathroom necessites, along with two pairs of shoes.

All done! I zipped everything up, pushed it to the side of the bed, and snuggled into my pillow. Soon, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Uh... Taliyah-Jane?" Someone nudge my shoulder and I stirred, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.