6./"Bare"\

Chapter 6

I can't let go, it's too strong. I'm trying to escape, the memories. It's been haunting me into cold sweat as I lay in a foreign bed, breathless. I'm just glad about one thing.

The pain-it's numb now. It use to be like fire burning through my veins, air blowing on fresh, gashes. Now it's gone. I feel something itch on the base of my throat, but I can't move my hands.

It's like someone has glued my eyes shut and immobilized my body with duct tape. I can hardly move, until I feel something touch my hand.

Out of my numb body, I can feel the warm on my left palm. Slowly, it spreads throughout my whole body, like magic grazing over a meadow, restoring health and beauty.

Then the memories. They shatter the harmless mirage, they bring pain. First my mother flashes through-the sick smile she sometimes gives me. Then the wolf-the white, blue eyed wolf. His howl of pain drags a dagger through my heart.

But then it fades. It fades as soon as a white wolf with green eyes shows itself from the shadows. The howl of pain stops, everything is restored.

My body itches to move, and I finally can. I use my sore muscles to move, and my eyes finally open. They adjust to a glint of light, squinting, but then I noticed the warm hand is still on my mine.

I look to my left, to see the most attractive man in the world. When I think twice about making eye contact, I just don't care with this person. I stare into his lovely, blue eyes. I marvel at his soft black hair, and his smooth light red lips that curve into a smile.

A smile for me.

He takes a towel and dabs at my throat, then around my face. A small gesture, but shows he cares.

"Hi," I croak. He smiles at me again and responds.

"Hey." a soft, musical voice perfectly captures our moment.

"Can you help me sit up?" I asked, feeling my voice grow stronger with every word. He nods and helps me sit up and rest against the bed frame.

"I feel like shit," I say once he sits next to me. He nods in understanding. Then he sighs, brushing his thumb against my cheek. I nuzzle into his hand, my wolf purring at the contact.

It as like I was lost under this surface of bliss, but not afraid of wallowing in his comfort. It was as if I was numb to the whole world, it was just me and him.

"I'm sorry." he finally says, withdrawing his hand. I catch it and hold it up to my face. My wolf's action I bet.

'Whatever.' my wolf scoffs at me. I growl back mentally. Bringing myself out of the short mental talk, I turn my attention to him.

"For what?" I ask, dazing into his blue eyes. When he blinked, it all snapped back and it made me jump out of the bed, backing up at the doorway.

"Where am I? What happened last night? Why did you bite me?" questions fire out of my mouth, and I knew he was the white wolf. The eyes were apparent, and he had this aura about him that told me he was.

"Don't run." he pleaded. I nodded and relaxed a bit.

"Explain then. My father would be worried if he knew about this."

"Well, last night, as you know, was also our mating ceremony. I haven't been mated for three years, as the age of mating for males is 18, but am still alpha. And when you landed into our pack's clearing-my wolf took over. I had no self control because I was missing you for three years, so I marked you as /mine/." he growled at the last part, then composed himself. He walked over to me and I stumbled back to no avail since I was already leaned against the wall.

"My name is Zachary."

He traced a spot on the hollow of my throat, where it was burning earlier-the itch as I recall.

"You bare the Alpha's mark." he grinned wryly at me, trapping me-with his body. My eyes snapped down my neck, but I couldn't see it since... Yeah you can look at your neck like that.

I then trailed my eyes over to his neck, noticing a silver crescent moon and a white wolf on the side of his neck. I trace it just like he had, gliding over his tan skin that seemed warm under my fingertips.

"My name is Taliyah-Jane, and you bare mine," I whispered before he kissed me.

-----

Sorry it's so short!

I'll update again later or tomorrow!

Im getting ready for some major tests so please bare the shortness!

But do you think its moving to fast? I'm trying to pace it but kind of trying to create a tension that you can't avoid because they're mates.

Vote!

COMMENT to tell me if it's moving too fast!

Fan!

Thanks!