1: mr. Hemmings

Hello! Hope you guys like this story , I worked so hard on it. :)

.

.

~ Chapter 1 ~

.

*Amanda's POV*

.

.

The bell rang out, people scrambling through the halls as they were desperate to get to their last class. I fumbled with the combination on my locker, my glasses slipping to the edge of my nose as I did so. The strap of my backpack slid down my shoulder as I finally opened my locker, fixing the fallen strap as I looked around. The halls were empty and everyone was in class. "Great." I muttered, shaking my head as I grabbed my books, slamming my locker as I ran to my last class.

I clenched to door knob and pushed the door open. "Sorry mrs. Edwards" I muttered and walked to my seat in the back. the door slammed shut , "that's mr. Hemmings to you" a manly voice said. I turned my on my heals, in front of me was a blonde boy. "Where's mrs. Edwards?" I asked kinda confused. He puts his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"She's not here anymore, now if you don't mind. May you take your seat mrs....."

"Smith" I pushed up my glasses "well, mrs. Smith will you take your seat, I would like to start teaching" I rolled my eyes and walked to my seat. I looked at my best friend Jordan across the room, she gave me the 'what the heck look'. I just shrugged and grabbed my book and pen.

"Welcome to history" mr. Hemmings said after playing with lip ring. I started doodling in my book, I was never a fan of history. "We will be talking about the civil rights movement." He quickly wrote it on the chalk board and underlined it. He loosened his tie a little so it didn't look like it was chocking him.

Six girls in the front started squealing like they were five year olds on Christmas. I laughed a little and continued drawing in my book. I soon saw a stick figure with a balloon in it's hand. "Mrs. Smith!" I snapped my head up to see mr. Hemmings with his arms crossed. "It's Amanda" I said. I hated being called by my last name. "Well Amanda would you mind paying attention." He turned around and started talking again. I started coloring in the balloon with my blue pen.

"Alright the bell is gonna ring in about 20 minutes, I'm gonna give you a tiny 7 question quiz on what we just learned." Everyone groaned, my eyes went wide. I wasn't paying any attention at all. He walked over to my desk and put the paper on it, and then went to everyone else. "You have 15 minutes you may begin" he said and sat down in his chair and pulled up to his desk to put in grades for other classes.

First question

Do you think that the president did everything in his power to better the situation at the time?

I really wish I was paying Attention. "When your done you may leave" mr. Hemmings announced as the first kid handed in there paper. "Sweet" he said and left, Jordan was the third to go up, and hand it in.

5 minutes passed and I only answered 4 questions. I was the only one in the class, "mrs. Smith are you done?" He asked starting to walk over to my desk. "Uhhh..... Yeah" i started circling the 3 multiple choice answers.

As I handed him the paper he laughed. "I'll grade it now" I sighed and grabbed my bag while walking to his desk in the front of the room.

He pushed the quiz toward me, I turned it over to reveal a big red 'F' in the middle. "Not possible" i said stuffing it in my bag. I know it's possible , but I was at least expecting a D there was a true or false question, I'm 100% sure I got it right because it was an opinionated question.