Prologue

Song:
The last of her kind
By:
Alec Benjamin

"He chose the sweetest words to get her heart, and the most poisonous actions to break it"

The night was cold, but to Ana it was okay. It helped her focus on something else that wasn't her nerves. She was already dreading what was about to happen and she wasn't even there yet. Anavaeh! You have got to woman up and get this over with!

She kept on making up scenarios on her head in which she would end up heartbroken. She didn't want to tell Orion that she was moving.

They have been dating for ten months, but she could feel that she liked him a lot. It has occurred to her that maybe even loved him, but she was scared it was way too soon. She had never heard of anyone loving someone in such little time so she just brushed it off.

Now here she was. Driving all the way to his house to deliver the news in the best way possible. Ana wanted to talk to him into doing long distance relationship, but she was scared he wouldn't agree. She cared about him too much and didn't want to lose him.

I'm sure Orion will understand, She assured. Her parents weren't really having the best time here. They wanted to start fresh. After Elizabeth died, Ana's younger sister, they hadn't been the same loving people. They would spend most of their time at work and barely even talked with their only daughter anymore.

At first she understood and knew how hard it was, it was really hard for her too, but now she doesn't really know anymore. She would find comfort with Ryan, Orion's nickname she had given him. He was always there and cared for her.

She soon parked the car in front of a medium sized, bricked house. It had nice flowers in the front and a peculiar red door that she loved. As soon as she got out Of The car, the freezing, December air hit full force.

She started making her way through the concrete driveway. Though, something caught her attention from her peripheral vision. She stopped in her tracks to take a look at it. It was a red, Kia. Ana frowned, not recognizing it.

Must be a friend or family member, she shrugged and kept on walking to the front porch. Once there, she rang the bell, waiting patiently for someone to answer the door. Minutes passed and her fingers were starting to numb, a bright red taking over the tips where her gloves failed to cover.

She debated whether going in and explain her actions later or stay outside in order to not be rude and freeze to death. She chose the first one.

Inside was much more warm and made her tense muscles relax. The kitchen light was on, but that was it. Her frown deepened when she heard voices upstairs.

"Ryan?" She called, but no one answered, the voices upstairs not faltering. She quietly made it to the second floor. Ryan's in his room, she could tell because of his voice. Suddenly the voices went quiet.

She carefully approached the room and peeked through the slightly opened door. Her heart broke. She was staring at her boyfriend kissing a redhead girl who seemed to be unsatisfied with how there was still a gap between them and moved closer to him.

What broke her even further was how he didn't push her away. He kissed her back as passionately as she did.

She couldn't believe it was Ryan. Her Ryan who was kissing this other girl. "Orion?" The name escaped her lips in a small whisper.

His head turned to Ana so fast that she swore he could've snapped his neck by accident, pushing the annoyed redhead
away. His eyes widened as realization settled in. He kissed another girl. He cheated on his girl.

His heart clenched in an agonizing way as he saw the tears streaming down the delicate brown eyes of Anavaeh. His Anavaeh. Her eyes were filled with sadness, hurt, and betrayal. He betrayed her. He hurt her. He did everything he promised he wouldn't. He broke her heart.

Before he could move an inch, she was already half way down the stairs. Out the door she went and ran into her car. His heart was hurting and beating unhealthily fast. How could he? He didn't know the answer to this question. He didn't even like the girl he just kissed.

She was his friend. They were just talking and then suddenly she leaned in and started kissing. He kissed her back. What have I done?. He didn't even hear the sound of a car arriving or the front door opening.

His friend, Bridget, confessed to him that she loved him. He explained that he sadly didn't return the feelings because his heart already belonged to someone else. Ana. Bridget started ranting about how he was wasting his time with Ana and that he belongs to her.

Little did he know that it would be the last time in years that he would ever see his precious Ana again.

Dear Orion,

I would like to thank you for all the good memories I have. They're because of you. You made me feel alive, free. You made me feel things that I never thought in a million years I would feel again after the loss of my sister.

I also want to thank you for giving me hope of happiness again. Even though you took my heart in what seemed to be gentle hands but then crushed it, I want to say that you were at one point the light that brightened the darkness I call my life. Don't come back for me. Let me be free on my own. You lost me when you decided to lose yourself.

No longer yours,
Anavaeh.

No longer yours,Anavaeh