•22•

a/n: GUYS IM SORRY OKAY HEEKSJSJ

•••

It was only a few minutes of you walking around, to see what everyone was doing, before you finally got bored with it and sat down with a few of the boys, trying to start conversation. They could see the struggle it took for you to speak up though, so instead they sparked a conversation.

"Hey, Y/N," One of them said with a bright smile.

"Uh, hi..." You paused. "I don't remember your name, sorry."

"It's Mingyu, no worries." Mingyu replied, his smile softening. "You doing good?"

"I'm doing fine, I guess. Better now that I'm here." You reply, your voice getting quieter as you spoke.

"Well, it's good you're feeling better at least. Right?"

"Yeah, definitely."

You became silent for a moment, taking in the sounds around you, before Mingyu broke up the silence.

"Vernon looks pouty. Did you leave him hanging?" Mingyu asked, jokingly.

"Yeah, I told him I'd go back over to him later though." You replied, smiling. "He seemed really impatient though, so."

"Go keep him some company before he cries himself to sleep tonight. A weeping Vernon is the last thing we need." Mingyu stated.

"He won't cry himself to sleep, though."

"You're right, he won't. But still, I think you should go back to him." Mingyu replied, with a shrug. "It's up to you of course."

You were silent, giving Mingyu one of those 'I don't really want to' looks. But you finally gave in with a groan.

"Fine, I'll go back to him even though I want to be social with others." You reply, standing up.

Mingyu grinned and shrugged. "You'll have other chances, Y/N."

"Yeah, yeah." You mock, walking back over towards Vernon.

"Mingyu kicked you away, didn't he?" Vernon asked, as he sat up from previously laying.

"Yes, and it was very unkind of him." You pout, sitting next to Vernon.

"Awe, such a sad story. Even sadder to see he sent you this way, right?" Vernon asked, with a mocking pout.

You squint your eyes at Vernon before you tackled him down, but he only lasted on the ground for a quick second. Vernon was quick to push you off of him, and instead make you the victim of being tackled as he held you down on the blanket.

"How dare you?" You ask, struggling to get out of his grip he now had you in.

"Give me a kiss and I'll let you go," Vernon said, grinning.

"Slow your roll, Vernon." You scoff, rolling your eyes at the boy.

"You didn't tell me that the last time we kissed." Vernon replied with snark.

"Don't you dare go there." You say, trying with all your might to get up.

"Thou shalt not get up, without giving her soul mate a kiss." He teased, with a grin.

"You're actually a nerd." You reply, trying not to laugh at his sentence.

"I just want affection," Vernon pouted, letting you go. He rolled next to you, to lay down. "Is that too hard to ask for?"

"No, but I like being stubborn. And I don't like showing much affection in front of others." You smile at Vernon, while looking over to him. "Maybe another time."

"I feel very disrespected right now," Vernon said, sniffling as if he were going to cry.

"Suck it up, you big 'ole baby."

"Kiss? Please?" He begged, with a puppy dog face.

You stare at Vernon for a brief moment before falling into his trap. You couldn't resist him even if you tried to. So for a quick second, you found yourself pecking his lips before going back to the stubborn act you had put on nearly a minute ago.

"That's all I get? Wow, I feel so loved." Vernon scoffed, looking off.

"Go bother your wife if you're oh so desperate for affection. What's his name? Seungkwan?"

"Sorry, who? Never heard."

Damn. The shade.

"Kinda shady if you ask me," You joked, smiling.

"That was the point." Vernon replied, with a chuckle. "The only thing I'd want from him is maybe a cuddle. You...you're a different story though."

"What's that supposed to mean, hm?"

"Do you really have to question that?"

"Nope, but I like questioning things."

"I can tell."

•••
UNEDITED.
yall I feel so terrible for not having this out quicker. im just not good at updating, let's be honest. and ik this is short but ugh