Criminal Prologue: Only the Beginning

The strident sound of the copper bell hitting against its metal walls rang through the store and echoed into our ears. I looked around the little convenient food store and over the shelves of foods. I stared at all the puzzled expressions written on the customer's faces as they looked at everyone. They all stared back at me but only for a quick second before they looked at someone else.

My head turned to the side and I caught a hold on the blue eyes I've been looking for. I was waiting for the nod and once I received it, I pulled out the heavy metal from the back of my jeans and I held it out in front of me just as a little objected rolled out of nowhere. One beep. Two beeps. Three beeps. Then there was rapid beeping until gas erupted from the forest green ball.

A black gas mask was thrown to me and I pulled it on over my head. I looked at my partner and we mumbled a count to ten before we did one final nod and we began yelling.

"Everyone down down!" I yelled, walking to the middle of the store as I aimed the gun at everyone who dared get in my way. Before, I would have never thought I would be holding an object pumped full of lead. So, aiming at innocent people put a rush of adrenaline through me. It felt great to threaten them.

Screams erupted as the innocent people eyed the deadly object in our hands and they didn't waste another second before they dropped to the ground and covered their heads. The fog filled the room causing everyone to cough and gag at the horrid smell which came from the gas bomb.

"I said down!" I screamed at the store manager who stood frozen in his place by the check out counter. I walked toward him and gripped the collar of his blue shirt. With a hard shove he fell to the ground with a smack and a cry for help. "No one is going to help your pathetic ass," I snarled. I spat at the ground by his shivering body before turning around and walked back to where my partner stood, hovering over a young women that cried silently to herself.

"Knock it off. She isn't worth it. The girl is better off dead," I said. He glanced at me through the holes of the mask and I caught a glimpse of his glistening blue eyes again. "It will be my pleasure," he said, grinning as he aimed the gun at the girl who shrieked. "Not fucking now!" I roared. "We wait until our call."

He rolled his eyes before he looked behind me. I turned my body around and outside was a bright light that blinded our eyes from the headlight of the monstrous car that sped down the street and parked by the opening of the store. The car was kept on as the man opened the door and jumped out with a loaded shot gun in one hand and a mask in the other.

He walked in the automatic glass doors with a intimidating posture and a cocky grin as he pulled on the mask. "Fuck man! It's about time. We have to hurry before the cops come." "Shut up. And you," the cocky man, I call an asshole, said as he aimed the gun at the store manager who say motionless under the counter. "Open the cash register and fill all the cash up in this bag." The three bags were tossed across the room and landed in the lap of the petrified man. With no hesitation, the manager stood up and began filling the bags with money.

The head man of the small gang walked across the floor, stepping over everyone's shaking bodies and towards me with a seductive smirk. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to his body. "Hey there," he said, smirking. "Not the time," I said, rolling my eyes and pushing him away. "What?" "Don't act so innocent when you know you aren't," I said, a smile falling on my lips.

"Guys! Not the time. I see the red and blue lights coming." We turned and looked out of the glass doors and back at the manager who stood with a smirk. "Damn it!" Louis walked ahead and snatched the three bags filled with money. "Take it from here. You know what to do," he said before running to the car and throwing the bags in the back.

I looked up at the man I have fallen in love with and gave him a nod. He ran his fingers through his dark, raven hair. "It's show time," he said, grinning. I turned off the safety on the gun and looped my finger through the hole. "Welcome to your new life." We pointed the gun at the manager as he let out a sob. "I have kids! Please," he sobbed.

I looked up next to me at the brown eyes that stared at me, and I grinned. He wrapped his free arm around me and my free arm wrapped around his. "It's only the beginning baby." Then we pulled the trigger.

A/n: Woohoo! First chapter is up :D I am so excited to start this. Who is excited?! I am!!! Lauren Cohan plays the lovely Isabelle Jones!