Chapter 9

"Attention everyone, please put on your UA-issued tracksuits and make your way to the appropriate stadium. The Sports Festival will begin in 1 hour." Stated the intercom. "WOOHOO!!!" the school erupted in excitement. This was the moment everyone was waiting for. This could be a kickstart to their hero careers! "Alright!" Aizawa yelled, quieting the students. "I know you are all very excited, but please try to keep your composure. Also, one last thing." Everyone looked at him with baited breath. He smirked. "Good luck" Everyone smiled. As Bakugo opened the door the class was shocked by the crowd.

"Get out of the way extras" Bakugo said with his usual sour expression. "Dont call people extras just because you dont know them!!" Iida yelled at the blonde boy. (Y/N) just sighed knowing his poor personality. "What do they want?" Uraraka whispered barely loud enough for her classmates to hear. "Their here to scope out the competition." Bakugo snarled.

"So? Like what you see?" The boy asked with a sinister grin. The crowd soon parted to reveal a purple haired boy with matching purple eyes. "I will say, Im kind of disappointed." The boy said. "WHAT WAS THAT!?!" Bakugo yelled in rage. The boy snickered. "Just so you know, we were told that should we beat you Hero course students we might be allowed to take you place. So you better give it everything you got." He said before walking off. "Who was that?" Izuku asked. (Y/N) just shrugged and left to the locker room. "I wonder what his quirk is? He certainly seemed confident. I look forward to the challenge."

As (Y/N) was changing everyone was getting excited for possible internships, among other things. "(Y/N)..." The boy turned to see someone who never really approached him, Shoto Todoroki. "I think you and I both know I am objectively the strongest in class. Though I will say, what you did at the USJ was impressive. " He stated in a monotone.

"HEY!!" Bakugo interrupted. "So, consider this a declaration of war. I will prove I am the strongest, even without my Father's power." He said ignoring the blond boy. (Y/N) simply nodded with a large grin, relishing the challenge. "I will be coming for you as well, Midoriya." He said turning to the freckled boy. Midoriya simply nodded with a look of determination. Todoroki proceeded to leave the room.

"I assume youre out to be the best too, huh (Y/N)?" Midoriya asked his close friend. (Y/N) gave him a large smile and extended his fist. "Yea, may the best man win" Midoriya said giving (Y/N) a fist bump. "DID EVERYONE JUST FORGET THAT IM STILL HERE?!" Bakugo shouted in frustration.

After they finished changing everyone met out on the field. (Y/N) was surprised to see how many people showed up. He didnt know that it was gonna be such a big event. There were even fireworks! Present Mic was currently hyping the crowd up. (Y/N) didnt really care and just tried to focus on the festival.

"Hey (Y/N), how ya hangin in there?" (Y/N) turned to see Jiro. <Just trying to focus haha. Plus with both 1-C and Todoroki's declarations of war, I need to bring my A-Game.> "Dont sweat it, I saw everything back at the USJ, youre like, crazy strong! I bet you will have Pros banging down your door for an internship!" She said trying to pump him up. <Haha, I dont know about all that! I appreciate the confidence boost though> "Hey what are friends for?" They gave each other a fist bump and fell in line.

"Now, its time for the introductory speech!" Everyone looked to see the R-Rated Hero, Midnight. All the guys in the crowd were basically drooling. "Now, to give the Student Pledge! Katsuki Bakugo!" Everyone looked confused and started mumbling amongst each other. "So Bakugo is the first year rep? Honestly, Im not even surprised. Hes definitely one of, if not the strongest first year student" (Y/N) thought recognizing Bakugo's strength.

"Honestly, it should be you, after all, you beat him back on day 1" Jiro whispered to (Y/N). <Nah, it was only because he didnt know how strong my quirk is. If he had, he probably would have beaten me.> "I dont know about that, you gotta give yourself more credit" Jiro said crossing her arms. "Yea, but in a group fight, Im just as likely to hurt others. Im still not sure if I should use that attack from the USJ or not. Yea, its strong, but I dont know how strong yet." (Y/N) held his hand to his chest remembering the feeling he had when fighting the Nomu.