Muggle Games(Remus Lupin)

Title: Muggle Games
The Muggle Game: UNO
A/n: Inspired by me watching Aphmau play UNO
P.S- (it's Marauders Era)

~~~~

It was another interesting day with the Marauders causing more trouble, and making the professors consider retiring early. My mother had just sent me a new pack of cards that morning, and I really wanted to play with them because it was one of my favorite games to play at home. I knew that my friends, coming from magical families,(Other than Lily.) would be confused on the game, "UNO." I figured the only one who would know about the game would be Lily, she was another muggle-born after all. I pulled the game out of my bag and threw the cardboard box with the cards in it on the table. "I challenge you all to a game. A game of UNO." I could see Lily smirking from where she was reading her book, Remus looked confused and looked at me for an explanation. Sirius and James instantly started to be...James and Sirius, stepping up to the challenge. Peter, who was working on homework, gladly ditched it to sit at the table like the rest of us. "But there is a twist. Along with the normal rules, whoever has the most cards at the end of the game, they have to do something that the winner demands." Sirius jumped on the table, "I accept this challenge, and will rise to be the winner!" I started to shuffle the cards, "Well then, sit down and lets see if that's true."

~~~~

"I choose yellow, draw four Sirius." After explaining the rules over and over again for the last five "warm-up" rounds, Peter, Remus, Sirius, and James picked up on the game- in that order. I guess that because it was a game, Peter was more than willing to learn it, especially if it meant he came out on top, and gets to make his friends spill their secrets.  Sirius reluctantly took four more cards, making it eight. Then, after Sirius' turn, came Lily's, then James then me. Remus was after me, so whatever I put down affected him, or whatever he put down affected me.(If we used a Reverse.) "I'm skipping you James." Lilly put down a yellow Skip and I was my turn. James being a professional flirt that he is, "Say Evans, how about instead of Skipping me, we Skip these people and go have our own fun?" Lily rolled her eyes. "In your dreams, Potter, would I walk out of the Common Room to have 'fun' with you."

James had a light blush and a smirk on his face. "You're a really good guesser, because in my mind you do." Lily grabbed her book, as she has done so many times and smacked him upside the head with it. "Alright, stop flirting with each other and get on with the game already." Peter demanded. I put down a yellow Draw Two. "Sorry Remus," instead of a reply to me, he put another yellow Draw two. "Sorry Wormtail." Peter then put down a yellow Draw Two and said, "Sorry Sirius. You have to draw six." Sirius smirked and then played a blue Draw Two. "Why would you do that to Lily Flower?!" Then under his breath, as a whisper, he said. "You have to draw eight." Lily had a slight frown on her face as her hand went to the UNO card stack.

She drew eight and James Skipped me, Peter jumped in- because of that move, Skipping Sirius and also Remus because he wasn't able to play. Lily placed a Draw Four, "Green. Draw four James." He looked at his cards. "No, I don't think so. I'm calling your bluff." Lily rolled her eyes and while doing so, sent me a panicked look. She could've played another card, yet wanted to annoy James. But I knew he was too smart for that- Lily just made a very bad mistake. She was loosing, though in UNO it's anyone's game at any point really. "Is this payback for Skipping you?" James scooted his glasses up his nose and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "I Challenge." Lily showed him his cards and instantly he started to give her Four Cards. "You really are on the loosing side today Lily Flower." She rolled her eyes. "Shut it James."

I checked my watch. It was 9:00 and we had been playing this one game for an hour after spending one hour on the 'warmups.' Knowing this, I suddenly felt tired, even though a moment ago I really didn't feel the heaviness of my eyelids. James played a Green zero, then panicked. "NO! Wait! Why did I do that?!"