Chapter 5

Ellen pov
I had no idea where Cole was going and honestly I was scared.
When he came into the room and gave me a look that I never seen he made before. He also talk in a quiet voice.
I wasn't scared about myself, I was scared about Cole. He never leaves the house for awhile. What does he even mean awhile? Does he mean hours? Days? Years? I didn't know. All I knew was that he was gonna be okay.
Next day
I didn't know what to do with myself. I was so use to waking up, cooking, and getting the shit beaten out of me. But now all I did was lay in bed and think about the past.
I know it's not good to think about the past but for me it's wonderful. It feels like the past was all just a dream and that now I was living in a nightmare. See when I meet Cole, he wasn't the way he is now. He was actually nice and so warming. He knew how to make me smile all the time and laugh. Cole made me feel like the luckiest girl alive. But now I don't. Now he treats me like trash and hates me  being around. Cole even hates when I'm happy.

The last 4 weeks were miserable but also peaceful. I know people might think I'm crazy for missing such a cruel person like Cole but for some reason I do. I spent the weeks cleaning, shopping, sleeping, and reading. I was bored out of my mind and I just felt...... actually I don't even know how I feel. All I could think about was Cole and where he was at.

Cole pov
I went to a small town near by and found a therapist. I talk to him everyday and he actually help with my pain in my heart.
He told me that I had a disorder. I had intermittent explosive disorder. Which is basically when I have sudden outbursts. Like aggressive,violent behavior, or anger verbal outburst. So basically how I treat Ellen. He told me it was because of my father and how my childhood was filled with horrors of my mother screams.
I knew he wasn't lying at all and he told me I could control. But I knew I couldn't control. I can't. I just can't. It's like it just happens.

"Cole there are treatments you can take"
"Dr. Reese can't I take treatments at home?" I said
"No because you need someone who can stop your outburst and to help you control it" Said Dr. Reese
"But my wife I can't just leave her for a long time"
"She doesn't even know I'm here" I said screaming
"Cole you need someone to talk to when your mad and you need someone strong enough to stop you"
"Ellen will just provoke you" he said
I knew he was telling the truth but I didn't want to leave her by herself.
" what about I have a care taker at home"
"So when I get mad at her, he can stop me" I said
" I mean we could try that Cole but I really do prefer you going to a medical center"
"Well let's just try this out" I said
"Okay"
Before I left he handed me a address and told me to go there to meet who's taking care of me.
It was an hour drive to get to the clinic. I walk in and ask the front for help. They lead me to my care takers office.
"Hi Cole, I'm Dr.Ralph but just call me Peter" he said reaching his hand out
"Hi" I said
"So I have my stuff pack and we can start heading to your house now" he said pointing to the door
We walk to my car and as soon as we got in, he began to talk about how things are gonna work.
"So Cole I heard you only get mad at your wife" said Peter
"Yes, and i can't control it" I said
"Well for today I am gonna observe you and see how these outbursts began,"
"But if you do try to hit her, I will get up and grab you. Do you understand?" He said giving me a death stare
" yes I understand" I said choking up
"Okay so this is how it's gonna work"
"So everyday we are gonna have a 3 hour talk, 30 minute meditation, and I want you to treat your wife and talk to her like you normally do" he said
"But what if I go up to hit her" I said
" well I will grab you and we will have a talk. Also if you raise your voice or say anything aggressive, I'm gonna take you to a room and have a talk" he said again
"Okay" I Said
After a 2 hour dive we got to the house. As soon as I park the car Ellen came out. She look at Peter with a concern look. Peter told me to stay in the car so he and Ellen could talk.
Ellen pov
I saw Cole drive up and I got really happy. But as soon I got outside I saw a man in the car with him. Who was this man? Why did Cole have him? The man got out and came up to me. He was really tall and buff.
"Hello, Mrs. Sprouse" he said walking towards me
"Hi" I said nervously
"May I talk to you?" he said
"Sure"
His name was Peter and he was a doctor for intermittent explosive disorders and apparently Cole had that. He told me how everything was gonna work and I understood. I just couldn't understand how Cole had this and honestly I was concerned about Cole.