Chapter 3: The Institution

-Dean POV-

The drive to crossroads takes about 25 minutes,

There are two people sitting upfront, talking quietly between each other, not paying me any mind.

The back of the car is kind of like the back of a police car, a cage type covering separating the front seat from the back. The doors lock from the outside, keeping me from spontaneously jumping out of the car.

Yes, that thought occurred.

My bag sits in the trunk, I know they'll search my stuff when I get there, I just hope they don't take anything.

I have a couple pairs of clothes and necessary hygiene products. Dad knew I was only staying for a few days so he just threw some stuff in a bag and dropped it off at the hospital.

He hasn't seen me since...

I don't think I wanna see him, he dropped Sam off everyday to stay with me but never once came in.

I know I'll have to face the music when he comes to pick me up in three days but for now... I don't wanna think about him.

The car comes to a stop, one person getting out to escort me into the building and sign me in.

They walk around the car and open my door, not making eye contact with me, before tapping on the driver's side window to get the girl driving to pop the trunk for me to get my bag.

I walk around the car and grab my bag, flinching when the guy closes it roughly.

"Come on." He says simply, Gesturing for me to walk ahead of him and into the building.

I step in front, stepping onto the sidewalk and opening the heavy glass door, walking in before him and not holding the door open.

The guy grunts as the door hits him, stepping in behind me.

"Go sit in one of those chairs while I sign you in, don't get to comfortable though, were going in the elevator as soon as I'm done." The random guy says, walking away before I can get in a response.

I just sigh, going to sit in a chair closest to the elevator.

I wait a few seconds before letting myself slide down the seat a little bit, I really really don't wanna stay here.

The elevator next to me opens, revealing a tall black haired guy, he's wearing black dress pants and a plain white shirt. We make eye contact briefly before I shyly look away, looking down at my stomach.

My sweatshirt is pulled tight, outlining my fat stomach. I groan quietly, sitting up and cringing at myself.

I hear footsteps approach me, already knowing it's the guy who signed me in, I stand up and turn around to look at him.

"Let's go." He says, I blatantly roll my eyes, walking over to the already open elevator and stepping inside, letting the guy get in too and press the correct button,

"Wait!" A very nice deep voice says from outside the closing elevator.

The cute black haired guy puts his hand out, stopping it from closing.

He smiles at us, stepping inside the elevator too, he glances down at the button pad and reaches his hand out before pulling it away when he realizes the floor he needs to go to button is already pressed, "Thanks." He says, looking down at the paper in his hands as the elevator door closes.

There's a few seconds of awkward silence... Well it's awkward for me... Which causes my anxiety about being here to jump,

I take a Shakey breath, trying not to draw attention to me.