Answer

Girl's POV

The air was cold and the hardwood floor was cooling from the low temperature of the air-conditioned room. I sat there with my back against the wall-sized mirror, my knees hugged to my chest. I only stared blankly ahead, at the clear, empty room. I didn't know what kind of mental state I was in right now. I just felt sad, embarrassed, and blank. The comments and posts about 'The Girl in Black' on my phone just now were still fresh in my head.

And surprisingly, it even got on the TV. What a fabulous life, Leilah.

"It is one of the rarest incidents in Malaysia. First, we got the hijab girls hugging the Korean idols that went full criticism by the citizens years ago. And now, even a niqabi went to a K-Pop concert. Thank God she didn't hug them or what. But our main point for today is, what has happened to the young generations of Malaysia?" the television show host had said.

My life suddenly went upside down because of the concert which I never thought of before. I once had planned how will I go to BTS's concert and that is by wearing hoods and masks or whatever that could disguise myself. I never imagined of going there like my true self. But as usual, things sometimes didn't go our way. Tira bought the ticket for me as a surprise while I was on my way back from visiting an aunt. Plus, all black is my almost everyday outfit. I never thought that it would go this bad, ever.

I rubbed my face abruptly. I already took off my niqab and I was just wearing a pair of loose sweatpants, a plain T-shirt under my knee-length cardigan, and a wide shawl, all in dull colors. Told you I didn't like being noticeable. My phone on my right side, not planning to take it any time sooner. I found that there was too much stress in it. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. This is it, the only way to reduce my stress.

I got up and turned the speaker on. The song 'This Is Me' by Keala Settle was echoing through the unfurnished closed room. My body moved along with the music. Remembering all the steps that I had learned from the Youtube, I formed some gentle, structured movements with my body while looking at my own reflection at the mirror. As the song became livelier, I was carried away by the dance moves, that I barely remembered my problems anymore.

I didn't mind if people call me mysterious. I am mysterious. Who would've known that a girl like me actually had a deep passion in dancing? I never told anyone except for Tira. We used to rent this room and dance together. Every unpredictable side of me was known by Tira which made us closer than anyone could think. I do love to draw, but drawing couldn't really wipe out all my problems. I scarcely danced, only when I was in a really huge mess.

Nevertheless, those weren't all that I kept. It's pretty weird to say, but I had more secrets hidden under these veils.

I knew what people would say about me dancing, that's why I never told anyone. Of course, the number one solution for all problems is salah but sometimes a little entertainment is needed, as long as it wouldn't become a major distraction. During tough times, there are five steps that I hold. Repent, entertain, relax, think and tawakkal. Entertain could be in many forms. For example, the companions of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W used the Quran as their entertainment. It always fascinates me how these noble people were very entertained by the holy verses. But turns out anyone can be entertained reading the Quran when you understand the meanings. The stories told in it were more than just stories. If you read the Quran with all your heart, you could cry, or even smile. You just have to steal some time from this busy life and read.

The sweats were dripping from my forehead as the song finished. It was tiring, dancing, but so much excitement and joy in it. I played the next song and danced again until it was late in the evening. I wore back my niqab and grabbed my car keys to head back home. I actually hoped that I could see Tira coming here, but she didn't. Guess she already predicted where I was going. She always knew me.