Another nightmare

Jughead's POV:

   I wake up with Betty sleeping in my arms with her head on my chest. I can't get over how peaceful she looks asleep. If anyone were to watch her sleep they would have no idea the shit she goes through.

   I slowly untangle myself from Betty and gently lay her head on my pillow. She moves a little to the side getting comfortable. I tip tow out of the room and into the living room I need to get a head start on taking down the Ghoulies. I'm not sure what they want but whatever it is they will use Betty to get it. Technically my dad is the leader of the serpents but he's been gone for 6 months. He said he needed a break whatever that means. But he left me in charge to look after things. It's not like it's any different from when he is here. He was always drunk off his ass and left me to deal with things around here. And that's why I moved upstairs.

"DON'T! Please!" I hear Betty scream from my room. I grab my gun from under the couch. How the hell did someone get in here?

   Betty's POV:

I see a shine blade of his pocket knife. Fear rushes through me as he pulls his arm back. He stabs me in the left thigh.

   "Ahhhssh," I shriek in pain and fall to the floor with the knife still deep in my thigh.

"Betts wake up! Betty!" I shoot up from my laying position on the bed sweating and breathing hard. I look over to my side and see Jughead with a sad and pity look on his face. I hug him tight. Hoping that some way hugging him will keep the thoughts out of my head and maybe these flashback dreams will stop. I hold back my tears. I won't cry. Crying gives the people that make you cry power. It makes them feel like they have power over you and that they have won. But Malachi has not won. I won't let him win.

I look past Jughead's shoulder to see his gun in dresser.

   "Jug What was the gun for?" I ask pulling away still shaking slightly.

   "You were screaming Betts. I thought someone was in here. You scared the hell out of me." He replies softly while brushing his hand through my hair.

   "I'm sorry." I look down feeling bad for scaring him. He slowly lifts my head with his free hand.

   "You have nothing to be sorry for. Okay?"

   "I love you." I reply in barely  a whisper.

   "I love you too Betty. And don't feel bad for having nightmares. It's not your fault."

   "Okay. Thanks."

   "No problem. Wanna go to the drive in tonight to want a movie?" He ask me with a smile.

   "Yes! I've always wanted to go but my mother never let me because she said that all the serpents hang out there."

   "Well your going tonight!"