chapter 1

After about only 4 hours of sleep I wake up to multiple text messages on my phone. Ugh. Its 8 already so might as well get up. I leave Emma in bed. And walk into the kitchen. Make coffee and heat up some waffles for Em and I, walk over to the fridge to get orange juice for Emma and then i notice the date. August 16th. Two more weeks before Emma turns 5. What will I do for her 5th birthday, party, ice cream, cake or what?

I am lost in thoughts of cake, boncy houses and balloons when I hear "Daddy where are you ?!?" .

I run to the bedroom to find Emma in her beauty and the beast pjs and her hair made a mess.

"Hey, what happened? " I ask her once I see the tears on her little face. "Daddy I got lost and I was confused and you left me !!" She exclaims. "Don't worry, honey daddy's here. How about you change and then I'll help you with you hair and then we can eat? deal? " and Emma simply nods. I pick out her clothes, a shirt and black jeans things and mini vans. "Daddy my hair!!"

"Ok how about we put your hair into a ponytail? " I ask her. She nods again. She is probably still tired.

"c'mon lets eat ! Guess what I made!" heated up I add in my head. "pancakes? " I shake my head as we continue walking to the kitchen. "oatmeal? "
"nope waffles" I say as I lift her up and sit her on the seat.
"Here lets give those waffles some faces " I say and grab blueberries, raspberries and Nutella.

We make faces with the berries and Nutella. Then we watch TV, so in other words Emma makes me watch little kid cartoons that don't know how to count. I just talk to my friends Calum, Ashton, and Michael about what I should do for Emma's birthday. I think we should have a small party with gifts and cake and all her little friends. Something small but fun.

"Daddy I'm bored. " She whines. I should take her grocery shopping, We need food. "Ok bud lets go shopping we need food and I think Mittens needs some food too."

"Ok can we get Ice cream too? "she asks. "Nope I want fro-yo " I tell her and she grins at me showing off all her teeth.

○●○●○●○●○

"Ok We need eggs, milk, yogurt, and juice from this aisle" I say as we walk through the store."Daddy can we get chips and pop corn?" Emma asks me. "Sure " I say and I get an Idea for her Birthday, its simple but fun, I mean I would enjoy it if I was 5. After we get food, we go for fro-yo. I eat strawberry while Emma eats cake batter with gummy bears and multiple other candies. Then we go home to eat lunch and I have to clean and do the Lauandy. So when we get home I make lunch, wraps. We eat then Emma goes Watch TV while I do the dishes. Its so hard being a single parent. But I love Emma with all my heart so I'll do anything for her. "Luke open up !!!! Its cold out here !!!!!!" A voice yells from the front door. Who can it be? oh yeah that weirdo I call Michael.

"Michael chill I'm coming" I yell back as I run to the door. When I open the door michael is there with a brown bag and his cell phone in this hand. "About time Luke ! Where's Emma ?" He asks walking into the apartment. "Living room, you hungry?" I ask him. "Nope I had Nandos on the way here but what are you up too ?" He asks.

"Uncle Michael !!!!!!!" Emma yells when she sees him. I think Emma likes him just for the fact that he has different colored hair each time she sees him and he always brings her some new toy.

"Emmmmmaaaaaa" Michael says as he picks up Emma in a big hug. "Hey kid look what I brought you this time!!!" He says handing her something out of the brown bag.

A paint set. Oh god I hope she doesn't color on the wall.

"colors" Emma says and runs off to draw something.

"So what's up in michael-landia?"I ask him.

"Nothing but I've a been thinking about Emma's birthday party and I think we should get all her friends and take them to a carnival for babies!!" He says " I got the idea while watching the Kardashians. Basically Kim and kourtney got into a fight because Kim wanted to use Kourtney's house for North West's birthday party. And she got a bunch of mini size carnival rides for the party"

"Wow that's a great idea" I wish I had the idea myself .Great job Luke.

"OK now where can I get all this stuff" I ask Michael.

"Well let me call a guy" he says.

Ok so the picture is Emma. And Luke and Emma and the rest of 5sos live in England, London to be exact.
~Erika