Chapter Eleven: Peter Black.

Nova's P.O.V.

Chapter 11.

"I could have sworn you were dead." Peter states honestly glancing my way, not doing anything to help with the tension in the room. I say nothing as I pull Grayson closer, Issac glancing back my way quickly before Leo clears his throat.

"Fine, we'll talk." He mutters before meeting my eyes.

"Issac, Nash, care to join Nova upstairs." Issac turns my way quickly, motioning me to move first and I quickly do so, heading up the stairs with both Issac and Nash in tow.

I let out a breath as I sit down on the couch in the loft, my eyes moving to Issac who smiled my way and shook his head.

"Don't worry, your brothers won't let him hurt you." He quickly assures me as I swallow dryly and nod.

"I'm just wondering why he's here." I tell him honestly as he raises a brow.

"Does he ever need a reason?" Issac asks as I laugh.

"Good point." I turn towards Nash and raise a brow.

"Why so quiet Nashville?" I ask as he rolls his eyes.

"Just thinking." He states but fails to elaborate causing me to turn back Issac's way as he shrugs.

"I've been back for three days, he hasn't told me shit." Issac mumbles as Nash rolls his eyes.

"He's right here you know." Nash calls as I shake my head and glance down at Grayson who was falling asleep quickly in my arms.

"Well he doesn't seem to be." I state as I stand up.

"I'm going to lay him down." Both guys nod as I walk to my room, laying Grayson down in his crib at the side of the room. He shifts slightly before yawning and settling down causing a smile to pull on my lips. I head back to the loft where Issac sat on the couch while Nash kept busy picking up knick-knacks Nela kept on a bookshelf.

"What's it like being back?" Issac asks when I sit down next to him, I shrug and turn to him.

"I flinch whenever they get too close." My eyes meet his as I let out a small laugh.

"Oliver has been a constant in my life for the last year and I flinch if he's too close for too long." I tell him. Issac stays silent before sighing lowly.

"It- Nova it's normal." He mutters as I nod, having heard it from both him and Liv constantly.

"What about you? How's it like being back?" I ask him trying to divert the topic causing him to shrug.

"Doesn't feel too different, I think Rile hate's me more than ever but that's expected." I roll my eyes at him as he chuckles while Nash actually laughs.

"You're not exactly wrong." He states before placing the ceramic pineapple down and turning towards us.

"Nela has a weird sense of design." He mutters softly causing me to roll my eyes and turn back towards the curly haired boy at my side.

"Did the two of you ever get along?" I ask him, having wondered about it many times before.

"Kinda, he's always kinda been the way he is you know? Though I was trusted enough to live in the main house. He trusted me enough to send me to help Liv and her crew when they needed help and if there's one thing he's protective about it's Liv." Issac tells me. Knowing he was right I simply nod and turn towards Nash who had taken hold of the TV controller and was waiting for it to power on.