Chapter Thirteen: Casey.

Rile's P.O.V.

Chapter 13.

Hangovers sucked.

The light peeking in through the window was way too bright. The loud noises coming from downstairs were too loud and the sick feeling in my stomach was an annoyance that wouldn't let me sleep in.

I roll over and sigh when I spot two pills and a Gatorade on the nightstand, knowing it had to be Jen to place the medicine there, Carter and the guys never really cared if I was too hungover to function. I take them quickly before heading to take a shower knowing from experience that it would help soothe the hangover.

"He's not dead!" Archer shouts when I enter the kitchen earning him a glare and causing him to laugh with his arms up in mock surrender.

"Hungover Rile?" He asks with a smirk as I flick him off and head to the fridge.

"Jen and Carter?" I ask him as I pull out the glass container with pasta.

"Jen's out with Nash and Dan, and Carter should be in his office." He tells me as I nod and place the container in the microwave staying silent until the doorbell rang a few seconds later.

Archer raises a brow but stands and heads to the door with me in tow. I grab a gun from the table by the entrance and follow Archer as he opens the door.

"I'm looking for Rile." The familiar voice states shakily. Archer glances back my way as I tuck the gun under the waistband of my sweats and walk over, stepping next to Archer with a brow raised.

"What do you want?" I ask her bluntly as she glances up at me and swallows audibly, glancing at Archer hesitantly.

"Talk before I have him kick you out." I snap at her, wanting to know why she had bothered to show up after everything that happened last year.

"He's back in town." She quickly states looking in between the two of us quickly.

"He wants to hurt me and, Rile, I need your help." She begs as she starts to cry. Archer raises a brow my way opening his mouth to speak before Carter's voice cuts him off.

"Who is it?" He asks causing Archer to step out of the way. Carter's eyes instantly meet mine, knowing exactly who she was from the numerous pictures of her husband we had spread out around the office.

"What the hell do you want?" Carter asks harshly as she flinches and cries.

"I'm sorry I had nowhere else to go! Rile please, you have to help me, he'll kill me, you know he will, please!" She cries, pleading to me as I sigh and lean against the door.

"It's not up to me anymore." I state glancing at Carter who tenses visibly. The two glance at one another momentarily before Carter sighs.

"Lock her up in the back room." Carter orders Archer who moves without protest, grabbing on to her arm and pulling her away while she screamed out my name. Carter raises a brow but stays silent as he heads to the office, not having to order me to follow.

"What is she doing here?" He asks roughly once we enter the office as he sends a glare my way.

"You know as much as I do Carter." I muse before Archer enters with his brother in tow.

"Not that it's any of my business, but who is she?" He asks as he drops on to a chair as Hunter leans back against the door.

"She's the girl Rile cheated on Nova with." Carter states keeping his eyes on me as Archer whistles lowly.