Chapter Two

-PRESENT DAY

My body lit up like a Christmas tree when my father told me Nash would be coming to my graduation party. It had been two years since I had last seen him, and my body reacted the same way it always did when I heard his name. My heart was pounding in my ears as I raced up our long ass driveway, the sun just coming up over the horizon.

I had made up my mind as I ran the two-mile trails around the house. I was bound and determined to keep him in my life this time. There was no way in hell that I was going to let him leave me behind again.

I opened the sliding glass door off the side of the house, a shriek erupting from my throat within seconds of crossing the threshold.

There, on the couch in the house my father had bought me, sat the one man that I loved more than life. I stared at him for a long moment, drinking in him like a cold glass of water.

"Do you know what I've done in the last two years?" He rasped, his voice all gravely. His back was still to me, and I wanted to see his face. God, I needed to see his face, just to make sure it was really him..

"How did you find this place?" The question left my lips before I could stop it. I wanted to know he came because he needed to see me, because he needed me as much as I needed him.

A gruff laugh left his lips, and I walked further into the room, until I was directly in front of him. I could feel drops of sweat sliding down my chest and onto my breast. My pussy clenched with desires I didn't quite understand yet. I had held onto my virginity for him.

"I told your father I had a gift for you..." He lifted his head, his dark eyes meeting my gaze. I could see a storm of emotions brewing in him. I knew tempting him as badly as I had two years ago pushed him over the edge. It forced him to leave, but now he was back and I couldn't think about the past with him right in front of me. He shoved from the couch faster than expected, forcing me to take a step back.

But before I could move even an inch he had me against his chest, his strong arms wrapped around me.

"You came back..." I didn't know what else to say in that moment. His scent surrounded me, warming every single cell in my body. He smelt like the outdoors mixed with a hint of smoke, sultry and intoxicating.

I just wanted to reach up on my tiptoes and press my lips to his. I didn't care if he was twenty years older than me. Or that he was my dad's best friend. I just knew I wanted him.

"I tried to stop myself, Carly. I tried to move on and find someone else to be with, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't forget you..." His eyes met mine, as his hand snaked up my arm, stopping at my cheek, where he cradled it ever so softly. His touch was gentle and warm, and God did I miss it.

"I don't care if my father finds out about us. I don't care that you're older. I want you just as much now as I did then, if not more." I confessed. Time hadn't changed a damn thing between us. He still looked the same, and my feelings for him were still the same.

"I've denied myself for so long..." He leaned into my face, his forehead against mine, as his warm breath fanned against my cheek. My tongue darted out over my bottom lip, wetting it in anticipation. With little effort, I tipped my lips upwards and placed them gently against his. As soon as our lips touched, something snapped inside of him.

One minute we were standing, and the next I was wrapping my legs around his waist, allowing him to whisk me up and take me wherever it was he wanted.

The world could shatter into a million pieces around us and I wouldn't let go of him. Nothing was going to stop this kiss, nothing.

He devoured my lips, my back slamming into a nearby wall. I could feel the pain of the hit radiate up my spine but Nash's kisses soothed it all away. His teeth nibbled on my bottom lip, begging for me to let him inside, and when I did passion consumed me. My legs wobbled with every single stroke of his tongue against mine.