Forecast

In and out. The breaths came steady and collected. More focused than the other times she had done this. The package is three people in. It's the same thing, just have to wait for an opportunity.

Nightshade hugged her body against the cold and black fabric that shrouded her body from the chill as she sat on top of the building, staring down at the sprawling cast of people menadaring across the roads, quickly moving along the central road that proclaimed the protectorate building of Payne Tower. It spired above all the other buildings, shadowing and watching, shining like a beacon in the sky. She had never been this close to it before, noting that the vast majority of the heroes that roamed the city traveled back and forth from the building.

Now, she stared at the area below it. The police station that now housed the ground force. Law enforcement wasn't too keen on letting heroes take over the entirety of crime busting, and they were still the only ones able to actually arrest any criminals. It was there that she would find what she was searching for. Somewhere along the line, she'd have to make sure to pick up a treat for herself, but she was aggressively out of money.

You don't need money. Nightshade frowned as she spotted a super flying from the Tower off East, toward the beach. She didn't recognize the figure's colors, so she assumed it was a smaller hero. There were plenty of those.

Belle encouraged her to simply use the lesser heroes as practice. Build her way up to putting down Victor forgive. Nightshade didn't have a lot of incentive to fight the lesser heroes, but with her growing media popularity, there was no doubt that there were going to be challenges along the way.

The rains continued to build on the horizon, heavy and holding back a torrent of misery, and Nightshade tried to ignore the consistent paranoia that gathered at the corners of her mind. Just then, a familiar scent of cinnamon clawed its way into her nose and she glanced behind her.

She heard his feet touch the roof softly, as her dark self-assigned savior stood behind her, the dark grey trench coat billowing in the windless air as he stowed his batons. Those reflective glasses making the moonlight illuminate her face. It was like seeing him for the first time. "Hey."

"You." She quickly covered her nose to keep herself from inhaling anymore of the musky cinnamon. The last time she saw him, she had been shot, sedated and then saved. The latter being his fault.

The man simply nodded. "How's your shoulder doing?"

Her eyes narrowed. "It's fine."

"Healing okay?"

She bared her yellow teeth. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I haven't seen in you around in a while. I thought the hunters..."

"Hunters?"

"The ones who were chasing you."

Hunters. Nightshade sneered, but the motion made more cinnamon drip into her nostrils and she started getting light headed. There was no way this wasn't some sort of pheromonic powers. The kind that Belle explained when they were going over common branches of superpowers.

He tilted his head at her quizzically. "Why are you covering your nose?"

"Answer the question."

"Well, the last time I saw you, you were recovering." The man said, voice deep and rich. "I just wanted to know if you were doing okay."

Turning back toward the Tower, she hugged her body again, trying to ignore the smell. Don't show weakness. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I can always--"