Job roles

Lorna.P.O.V
I impatiently remained in my seat as my confusion increased. Where is she?
My coffee was cold and I grew in anger. All I wanted to to is to apologies and to have a nice beverage. But that BIT-
didn't show up.
------—————
I make my way through the door into my old crappy job. Im a waitress.
I put on my uniform attempting to look acceptable
And rushed in the kitchen to receive my orders for the day. Instead I heard a familiar raspy voice; it was her..
I glared at her making direct eye contact. Her hair was puffy yet somehow remained clean. The tension between us increased and I decided to speak up.
"Hey, YOU, how come you didn't stop by the cafe for a simple coffee I simply wanted to apologies for my abilities to stand still." She replied with a smirk "I had better things to do." I rolled my eyes yet I was somehow amused by her response.
Then I realised I had to give her training....
My stomach was filled with butterflies for unknown reasons. I have trained employees before, maybe I was nervous. But why?
I gave her a quick look and I smiled as I saw her
struggling to put on her apron. I let her be. Laughing on how ridiculous she looked.
Eventually she was ready for training; she rolled up her sleeves and washed her hands.
I saw her arms. She had a couple of tattoos scattered around her but her body also consisted of scars. Needle scars. Like an idiot, I continued to look at her arms in disbelief. I mean she doesn't look like a junkie, well never mind the hair kinda gives it away.
"My name is Nicole by the way" she said as she fiddled with her fingers knowing exactly why I was looking at her arms. I hesitate and say "oh sorry, my name is Lorna Morello"
"Alright Morello, what do I have to do?"
"Well simply approach a table and ask for what they want. Write it down and come back."
"The fuck? Im getting paid a lot of money just for this?Damn I should of had my own job instead of asking it from my mother." I forced a laugh, knowing exactly why she needed money.
-----------------------
We continued to talk throughout our shifts,
Laughing our head off as we made fun of the people who walked in. I am not a mean or rude person but Nicky brings out the side of me I never knew existed. I loved it.