Sparkling Toster Surprise

Rewrite of my book 'Won't Ya Swing With Me?' alright let's get this started. Thanks for reading dudes.

-----------------

"Pap, I don't wanna watch the toaster sing." Sans whined to his brother, who just looked at Sans with a exaggerated sigh."YOU OWE ME BROTHER! REMEMBER THE BARELY DRESSED GIRL YOU HAD A SLEEP OVER WITH AND TOLD ME NOT TO TELL ANYONE!" Sans jumped to shut his brother's mouth, or at least muffle, but to no avail. Toriel looked to Sans, her eyes and slightly cringed snout showed distastefulness of the information. Undyne laughed heartily while holding her snort-laughing partner's hand. Sans tried to hide his shame under his dark colored fedora. The innocent brother of the skeletons looked to everyone confused as to why his friends were laughing. Asgore pat Sans on the back; the large goat man was finding it hard to hold in his own laugh. The group walked in the bar/ restaurant, leaving the dark street for a much more inviting setting. Sitting down at a red and gold colored table that fit their crowd, the group of friends chatted idly about family, work, and whatever else they could. It wasn't offer that they got to spend time together away from home. Sans popped his head out of his hat after listening to the conversation steer away from himself. He looked around the room; Sans hadn't been here in a while. He thought the place looked different and guessed that Grillby must have remodelled. The place had a large dark wood stage with red accents and thick crimson curtains framed the sides; the stage was fairly larger than the bar situated next to it. Brown wooden floors and grey walls with wight trim complemented by dim mellow lighting. It was relaxing to say the least. His eyes met the bar again, he could really go for a drink right now. Sans stole a glance over to his group. He decided against going, not right now anyways. He'd definitely have to say hello to his old friend later. The smaller skeleton laid his head on his arms watching the a old dog walk up on the stage. The dog monster was quite familiar to Sans. Rennal, the dog monster, lived a couple doors down from Sans. He watched as Rennal tapped the microphone and turned to give a signal to Grillby who was peeking out from behind the gold and red curtains preventing the audience of seeing backstage. Soon The lights above the stage were on and turned towards the old dog. Rennal tapped his foot to the beat of the music; it was a old song, one he remembered from when he was a pup. He started singing with the power of liquid courage still heavily on his breath. The soft glow of the lights and quiet country song where comforting to Sans, so much that he started to doze off. Asgore sighed as he watched the skeleton drift off to sleep. Asgore knew not to wake Sans; he knew that Sans had been working himself to death lately. The goat man could admit his contribution to Sans' erratic sleep schedule. Toriel drifted away from the small talk; she listened to her friends conversation. snickered at Sans tired attitude, "Oh the poor dear." she said quietly. Papyrus however smacked his brother on the back of the head swiftly. Sans shot up "I'm not the father!" he yelled out of surprise. The room grew quiet, everyone looked to Sans, even the fire monster who served drinks attention was peeked.

He teleported away, Sans popped up at the bar. Grillby jumped slightly not expecting Sans to appear in front of him so suddenly. The flame sighed and shook off the quick scare, he watched as his good friend layed his skull on the black bar counter. "... I just cleaned the counter Sans..." Sans chuckled, he picked his head up to face the quiet bar tender. "Nice to see ya too pal." The small skeleton swerved lightly on the silver colored bar stool. "So I see ya fixed up the old place huh? I like it Grillbs." The fire element nodded before taking a rag out from under the bar and wiping the spot Sans had his skull. "Bet it costed ya a fortune. Say how's the kiddo?" Sans said while examining the alcohol on a shelf behind Grillby. "...She left for college and couple weeks back...." Noticing Sans' gaze, Grillby sighed and grabbed a bottle of ketchup from the stash hidden under the bar counter. Sans nodded along with a thanks, he looked around the room sipping his ketchup. "Say Grillbs, ya know half the room is asleep?" The bartender's head shot up and then to his wrist watch muttering curses at himself for forgetting the time.