XI. Eclipse

The two men finished practicing the song, Murdoc messing up more times than usual. He just couldn't seem to focus around the boy. The nervousness he felt was an unfamiliar feeling, his heart racing in his chest was a new sensation. But he liked it.

The satanist set his bass down, sighing contently. He sat back on the couch, watching the blunette as he folded up the keyboard and leaned it against the wall. Murdoc chewed on his lip, looking at the floor. There was something he wanted to know, even though he knew he definitely should not ask. But he really wanted, no, needed to know. "Stu?"

The singer turned and looked back at the man. "Yeah?"

"Why'd you parents put you out?"

Stuart's black eyes widened a bit, not expecting a question like that. He turned away so he wasn't facing the man, shrugging his shoulders. Murdoc got up off the couch, receiving a flinch when he placed a gently hand on the boy's shoulder.

"It's alright, Stu. You don't have to tell me."

2D turned around to face the man, tears leaking from the corners of his eyes. "Because...I-I'm gay. T-They threw me out because I'm gay." The blue haired boy put his face in his hands, knowing the bassist's opinion of his would be tarnished. He'd always tried to hide his sexuality, ever since how his parents reacted. But for some reason, he just felt like he had to tell Murdoc the truth. After all he'd done for him, how could he lie right to his face? Even if it did cost him everything he had right now. Because really, the satanist was the only thing he had.

The last thing Stuart was expecting was for the bassist to pull him into a tight hug, but that's just what happened. He let his tears go as he buried his face in the order mans shirt, and Murdoc gently ran his fingers through the blunette's hair. "It's okay, Dents. I'm never gonna put you out, okay? As long as I know you you're not gonna be on the streets. You'll be right here with me. I promise." The satanist calmly whispered to the sobbing boy. And he meant it.