3

c h a p t e r 3

Sometimes a fictional world is better than reality

❝Sometimes a fictional world is better than reality❞

[ k i n g s l e y ]

"What a dick!" Orlando exclaims in a hushed manner while munching on some popcorn that had somehow appeared during my rant. "Yup." I grimance, "Fucking great."

Orlando sets the large born of popcorn on the wooden coffee table, "Give me your phone." He demands me.

"Sheesh okay but you can't get in, it's locked."

"I've known you for years. I'll find a way."

After a few minutes on my phone, he finally unlocks it, "I can't believe your password." He chuckles, turning phone to me to see he had already unlocked it "And you're suppost to be one of smartest kids in our school? If so I have no expectations for"

I say nothing, instead I grab the plastic bowl of popcorn and stuff my cheeks with as much of it as possible until I looked like a chipmunk.

"What you doin'?" I question Orlando as I chewed the popcorn.

"Liking a girl's photo" He sang like a child. "Wait what!" I exclaim with food still in my mouth, "Why wiff mine?"

Orlando laughs awkwardly, "Well... you know I'm not confident in doing it on my account so I figured I could use yours."

"And you're shuppost to be the one of the shmartest," I stopped mid-sentence to swallow the remaining popcorn in my mouth. "Kids in our school."

"Well we're pretty idiotic for being that," He said, "And we live a fucking double life."

True, I guess you could say we're 'rebels in disguise' as the cool kids say...

They say that right?

We're just not totally rebellious, we still had things like a curfew and a reputation to uphold. Compared to other teens, the first time we snuck out to a party at the age of 15.

The night ended in us drunk, illegally drunk.

Thankfully the two of us made it safely to my house until Orlando decided he wanted to lift my bed.

Orlando looks up from my phone, cheeks beginning to tint pink. Without another second to waste his eyes sprung back to the matte black phone he held with his both his hands.

With a wide smile on my face I stood up from my place and went behind the sofa Orlando was sitting on to see which girl has turned him into a puppy.

I knelt down and placed both my arms on the back of the sofa, "Ooo that's who you're crushing on? Eliza Daniels." I grin while my cheek sat on top of my arms, squishing my cheeks. "Isn't she friends with Mickayla. Heard she's a decent person." I squint my eyes at her face, I've seen her many times before.