chapter 14

Hanna's story made it on the news, she wasn't gone for long but I guess it was news worthy.

"you ready for school" my mom takes a sip from her coffee

"I guess" I sigh

"please don't make anyone disappear today?" she jokes, I didn't find it funny at all, a 16 year old who is a serial killer is weird.

"can't I be home school like Hanna?" Hanna has been home schooled all her life, unlike me she knew about her curse for as long as she can remember, where I found out when I was four, I'm not saying I can't remember things from when I was four but most of them were a blur.

"hunny, I don't have the time or knowledge to do that"

"What about dad" I take the last apple slice from a plate

"you know he won't want to" she grabs the empty plate and takes it to the sink "I know you don't in joy school but you have to stick it  through"

"mom school is literally hell"

"Laura, language" she raises her eyebrows sitting back she the table. "school was hard for me but I had to suck it up"

"but you could actually touch people"

"you can touch Ross"

"Yeah but I'm not allowed to hang around him"

"you're a grump today, I never said you couldn't hang out with him, I just said not to talk to him as much."

"no mom you said I wasn't allowed to hang out with him"

she doesn't respond she knew I was right.

"the bus is here" I grab my bag and slip on my shoes.

"and when you get home I expect you to be less grouchy"

"Yeah sorry, love you bye" I walk out the door and get on the bus.

"Oh beware the witch is here" this one guy acts scared, and people start laughing.

"I can turn you to dust so I suggest you shut your mouth" I glare angrily at him and take a seat next to Ross.

"hi babe" he says looking out the window

"Ross I need to talk to you later but I don't want to make a scene" I say nervously

"are you braking up with me" he turns fast to catch my glare

"no, yes Well I feel bad betraying my mom and I love you, but I Also love my mom"

"so your braking up with me?"

"I'm sorry Ross"

"whatever Laura" he grabs his bag and move seats.

he has no clue how hard this was to me, it was a big mistake, but I've been thinking about this for a week now and I can't live with lying to my mom. I scooch time the window seat and suck back my tears, I look over at Ross to see his hands covering his face. I'm the biggest idiot ever.

"Ross I'm sorry" I say in a whisper

"Yeah right" his response surprised me, I didn't think he could hear that.

Ross pov

it's hard sucking back my tears Laura just tore my heart out, why can't she be a normal teenager which doesn't care What her mom has to say. I help her out so much and she helped me become a better person it was to good to be true. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, memories of her are playing back in my mind, I guess I deserve this, I was a huge jerk before. finally the bus stops and I run off  as fast as I could into the boys bathroom. still managing to hold back my tears I splash water over my face. I lean over the sink looking into the mirror, I don't really deserve Laura and that's why I lost her. I lost control and punch the mirror braking it, realizing What I've done I ran out of the bathroom.

"dude you look like you got hit by a truck" my friend Jeff laughed

"I fells like it to" I open my locker riping out a picture of Laura I had placed in it crumpling it.

"brake up?" he continues laughing.

"go fuck yourself" I slam my locker

***

I didn't see Laura in class she probably went home or something to her mom. I didn't pay attention at all I just kept thinking about Laura, I can't believe she would do this.

Laura's pov

I watched Ross crumple up a picture of me a didn't even know he had. it honestly hurts me so much, even if I say I want to get back together with me I know he won't.

I've spent the whole day locked in one of the stalls in the bathroom, regreting life. I wish I never even was born. my life is messed up. Ive been crying all day i lost the one person I actually trusted. I got a call from my mom, I'm assuming the school called that I was absent

"why aren't at school?" she asked frustratedly

"I am" I cry "can you come Pick me up?"

"Okay I'm coming"

the ride home was silent at first, then mkm mom broke the silence.

"who did you make disappear this time?"

"nobody" I look at the window sadly

"then What happened hun?"

"I was still dating Ross, and Well, I broke up him today because I felt bad for betraying you" I start crying

"Oh" I can tell she feels guilty

"I loved him" I cry even more

"cant you talk it out with him? I'll give you permission to date him I was wrong before, I was just upset"

"I can, but he probably won't want to get back together, I really hurt him"

lift the curse