enough

Scarlett

Muffled yells echo the large beach house. I look up and notice Reena and Benny walking inside from the back, arm in arm.

"It's been like this for five minutes." I tell them. Reena looks concerned while Benny tries to hear the conversation out.

Wendy walks in through the living room. "Apparently Ronn has been seeing someone else."

Reena's face goes down and Benny's stays straight.

"Do you guys know who it is?" Wendy asks. Why is she so nosy? She gets that from Halli. I roll my eyes at the fact they're friends.

"Even if they did, they wouldn't tell you." Reena gives me a faint smile.

"I'm just suprised how much drama has been in the house lately." She steals one of my crackers with tuna. I roll my eyes again. If I didn't like this girl, I would've taken that back.

Ronn comes out of the room with her bags. Is she really leaving? She sets them on the floor by the living room and walks back to the room.

"You're running away from the truth." Eamon says in the room. His voice is much more clear than before now that the door is open.

"I'm tired of this petty drama and you're only making it worse."

I notice Benny and Reena whispering in the other room. I didn't even notice they left. Reena looks like she's trying to hold Benny back, but he doesn't want her to.

He whispers into her ear, holds her stomach with one hand and her face with the other. She smiles and he plants a long kiss on her head then a soft one on her lips.

What did I just see? I blink a bunch of times. Is she...

I don't realize I'm frozen looking at her until Wendy snaps me out of it. "Earth to Scarlett. Earth to Scarlett." She snaps her fingers. "Are you in love with Reena too?"

"I just remembered." I jump off the high chair. "My mom was going to call me." Wendy's confused face watches me walk away into the room.

Wendy

I'm about to walk out through the back, but I see Benny walking up to Eamon.

What is he doing? Is he crazy?

"Hey, I just wanted to say that I-" Eamon cuts him off. "Not now, man." Ronn looks to Benny with wide eyes and he looks at her with an annoyed expression.

"It's me. I'm the person she's been seeing." Benny says. Eamon turns to him then to Ronn. He looks like a kid who just found out Santa isn't real.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He raises his voice. He starts to laugh then he brings his hand to cover his eyes. "You've been messing around with this Mexican?" Eamon points to Benny.

"Hey that's not cool man." Benny walks closer. Eamon isn't racist, he's upset. I get it.

"How long?"

"Three months." Benny blurts. "We've been seeing eachother for three months."

Eamon bites his lip. "I never slept with her though." Benny tries to ease the situation but it's long gone.

"You still fucked around." He walks closer to Benny. "Why the hell would you do it?"

"Because you never treated me the way he did." Ronn's got both of their attention. "Benny is kind and gentle. You were nothing but lustful and aggressive."

Eamon looks to Benny and punches him. Benny falls to the floor. "Is that what you think of me?" Eamon points to Benny spitting blood on the floor.

Reena comes out of nowhere and runs to Benny's aid, but Scarlett stops her.

What the heck is going on?

Scarlett whispers into Reena's ear then Reena stands back and looks at Benny.

I look back to Eamon. "I'll show you aggressive." He grabs Benny and lands another punch. Ronn just watches and cries.

Benny knows how to fight. Why isn't he defending himself?

"Fight me, you asshole." Eamon spits on Benny's face and punches him again.

"I'm not fighting you on this." Benny coughs. "Just let all your anger out on me and leave her alone."

I can't watch this anymore. I run outside and throw myself on the sand. What has this break become? I let out a tear and look into the sky. It's getting cool and rain clouds are rolling in.

Who am I crying for? With only three days left, I'm ready to leave.

Nothing good has come from spring break.