Here Comes a Contest

You ready for a winter wonder war?

Well, we're making a list
Checking it twice
Gonna find out who makes the jingbells rock!

Here comes a contest
Right down Wattpad lane

I am having too much fun making Christmas song references and not getting to the point, aren't I?

Well then, let's get to the point before I figure more references to snow in... (and now the puns have arrived)

For those who have not seen our message board post, we are trying to revitalize this account once more, and what better way than a small contest for everyone to enjoy during the holiday season (I say while knowing the timeframe puts us a couple weeks after Christmas)?

It won't be any ole contest, though. You are at war against multiple genres in one of three categories. And to make it worse, only 10 of the top entries based on their first chapter make it to the true battle phase.

That said, let's introduce our categories.

Magical Elves and Other Fantastical Wonders (Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Vampire, Werewolf, anything to take our mind to a magical place)

Underneath the Mistletoe (Romance, Teen Fiction, Chicklit, anything meant to make our hearts flutter)

And You Thought Holiday Shopping was Intense (Mystery/Thriller, Horror, Action, Adventure, anything to put us on the edge of our seats)

Some genres were not listed. That is because we wanted to limit ourselves to 3 broad categories. You can still enter your book in a spot your genre is not listed if it still fits the core reason for the list. So yes, fanfiction, short story, and the other missing ones? You can enter if your story fits the category.

With that vague over view out of the way, let's go through the process.

What YOU do:

❄ Make sure your story follows Wattpad guidelines, otherwise, we won't accept it.

❄ Follow this account. 

❄ Your hosts are Cross-Warrior, Wimbug, TeaceFindlay, and StormRidden. Follow all of us for being so awesome to do this 😎 Not really, please come back!!! This is not actually required 😂 But, ya know, it would be awesome of you to do considering all the work we will have to do. Give us a Christmas gift 😉

❄ Polish the first chapter of your book to try and make it past the Preliminary round.

❄ Enter your story (nominations not allowed) into the contest using the form found next chapter. Only one book per category. You can enter all three categories, though you cannot win all three.

❄ Wait anxiously while we mince your book to pieces and only let ten from your category through. On the bright side, you have Christmas to enjoy during the wait 😉

And/Or:

❄ Volunteer to be a judge. We are going to need a couple guest judges per category.

What WE do:

❄ Watch you anxiously give us permission to rip apart your children.

❄ Accept your entries into the Preliminary round, where we demolish your children until only a handful are left surviving. We will write a sentence or two on why your entry did not survive. You can ask us for that after the finalists are announced.

❄ Then we will decide the top 10 from every category and head into the Finals, where only one will come out the grand winner of each category.  We will have a small scoresheet for this phase and fill out each section with a score and a sentence or two to explain the score.

❄ Finally, we post the winners and then rain down wonderful gifts! 

Timeline:

🎇Entry period: December 1st - December 15th

✨Finalists Announced: December 20th

🎆Winners Announced: January 15th

*Note: times may change, but not by much*

Prizes:

🎁 Follow from this account

🎁 Shout out from this account

🎁 Shout out from the judges accounts

🎁 5 chapters read and reviewed by each judge

Potential Judges Expectations:

🎊 Read 3-5 chapters of every Finalist in your category

🎊 Help with rewards

🎊 Obvious, but don't judge the category you entered

🎊 Good grasp of writing and English language

🎊 Fill out a score sheet with 5-ish items on it and give one or two sentences (at least) justifying the score.

Your form will be out after the contestant form.

What else do YOU do?:

❄ Let us know if we forgot anything or you have a question

❄ Tag your friends or authors you want to see entered to spread the word!