Chapter Nine

Nick's POV

I stood there for a minute, just staring at the closed door that now separated us. I wasn't sure what just happened, but I was a little bummed with how the night played out. I ran my fingers through my hair and over my face, and then walked over and threw myself on the bed.

I slipped down my pants, and took out my throbbing cock that was begging for attention. As I began to stroke my manhood, I closed my eyes and thought about all of the things I wanted to do to Demi. I craved her, and right now, aside from my recovery, she was all that was occupying my brain.

Once I was finished, I cleaned myself up, and got myself ready for bed since Demi and I were needing to heading back home tomorrow.

Demi POV

A few days went by and I was now back at home, packing for my trip. I avoided that close call with Nick and was now concentrating on the next step in his recovery, which would take place in Florida. Normally, I would be excited about going on a trip to Florida, but I was going to be working the whole time, so this was hardly a vacation. Besides, I was going to be staying in Nick's guest house, which meant being in close proximity to him every single day. Working together, and sleeping nearby. I knew after what happened this past weekend, the living arrangements were going to make the situation between us even more difficult. I just hope Nick understands that his recovery is our primary focus. I let out a deep sigh as I continued to feel my bag up with my clothes.

As I finished up packing my bags, Hailee, my best friend, came into my bedroom. "So, are you all set and ready to go?" She asked as she plopped herself down on my bed.

I stood up, and adjusted my jeans, "Eh, I guess so," I said. I hadn't told Hailee everything that happened between Nick and I. I told her about how much fun we had, but I left out the part where we almost kissed and how I was seconds away from having him slip his dick inside of me.

"Are you flying with Nick?" She asked, taking me away from my thoughts.

"No, he went down a few days earlier to get the house in order. He is working on some therapy with Max, while I get some of my stuff in order," I explained to her. She just nodded her head and gave me a mischievous look. "What...." I said, a little unsure of what she was going to say next.

"I don't know how you do it, Dem," She said with a laugh.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Work and spend so much time with Nick. He is so damn sexy. How do you keep your cool around him," She said with a chuckle.

"Gotta keep it professional, besides, half the time, he can be stubborn as hell," I said, trying to not give too much away.

"I'm jealous. You're such a lucky bitch," Hailee said, which made me laugh. "I would give anything to have my hands all over that man," she said, which made us both laugh this time. "Are you at least taking advantage of being able to put your hands on him?" She asked.

"Um..... of course not. He's my job," I said.

"Which means what exactly? That you don't get to feel him up in a fun way?"

"I wouldn't even think of it," I said, lying through my teeth because in all honestly, it's all I have thought about for days

Hailee snorted, "I would totally be thinking about it. Every time I put my hands on his shoulder, I'd want to explore all parts of him, especially lower, like down in his pants," She said as she licked her lips.

"Oh my god, you need to go have sex," I told her as I threw a shirt at her. We both laughed and the topic quickly changed.

I was glad the topic of Nick and I had been momentarily taken off the table because what was I going to say to Hailee? That she was right, that I had been thinking about parts of him other than his shoulder, and I didn't know what to do about it? Then again, maybe I should talk to Hailee about Nick. I could get some advice, ask what she thought about the situation. Though, based on the conversation we just had, I knew what the consensus would be. Go for it.