Chapter Ten

Nick's POV

I leaned up against the door as Demi stood there, trying to make a decision on if she would be comfortable staying in the same house as me. I wasn't sure what the big deal was? She pretty much made it clear that there was going to be no funny business between the two of us. Finally she spoke up.

"No, it's fine. I'm not uncomfortable," She said with an infectious smile. I couldn't help, but smile back at her.

"Are you sure? I understand if you'd rather stay at the hotel," I said. I hoping she hadn't changed her mind.

"I'm sure. So, where is my room?" Demi asked as if she were a little curious.

"Well," I said as I walked a little further down the hall. I opened up a room, which was the master bedroom. It was decorated with warm shades, so I figured it would appeal to her. Not to mention it had a killer view of the ocean. "You can stay in my room and I can stay in another," I said hoping she would take me up on my offer.

She quickly met my gaze and walked deeper into the room. She was taken away by what she saw. "Nick, this is your house. Your room. Besides, you have already been here a few days and you're all settled in. I can't take your room," She said as she came closer to me, reached out her arm and placed it on my forearm.

I looked down at her arm and immediately felt my d.ick start to twitch. Never have I ever been so drawn to a woman before. Everything about her excited me, including just the slightest touch. I quickly took a step back so I didn't do anything stupid. I let out a soft chuckle before speaking, "Demi, I don't mind. I can crash anywhere," I said.

"No way am I staying in your room. Besides, I saw that tub in there! Nick, as your therapist, I insist you make use of that glorious shower and inviting tub!" She said as she quickly looked away. All I could think about was how I would love to invite her in that tub with me. I would love to get my hands all over her slippery, wet body. I cleared my throat, trying to clear my mind of my impure thoughts that I was now having of Demi. What the f.uck is this girl doing to me?

"Do you always get your way?" I asked her as I narrowed my eyes in on her.

She let another one of her angelic laughs burst out of her mouth, "Not always, but I'm going to win this one," She said with a wink.

I nodded my head and set her bags down in the room across the hall. "Okay, you can stay in this one, stubborn ass," I said with a chuckle. I watched as Demi entered the room and looked around.

"Sounds good. I am going to unpack and get settled in," She said as she sat down on the bed that was to the side of her. I nodded my head and exited the room, leaving Demi alone to unpack her stuff.

I made my way out to the back deck and enjoyed a cold beer as I listened to the ocean waves hitting the shore. I stood out there, staring off in the distance for what seemed like forever. Eventually, Demi came out to find me. I watched as she stood there, taking in the fresh air. Even though it had been a few days since I had seen Demi, and despite being busy working out with Phil and Max, I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I had thought about her even a little. I often replay that night in Oklahoma. Wishing I had just kissed her to see what the hype was all about. Maybe then I would have been able to get her out of my head. Maybe just that one kiss would have cured me of this crave that I am currently having. This desire. Every time I think about that night, I get excited. I tried to distract myself and stop my thoughts once again. Demi probably wouldn't be too thrilled with me getting hard right now.

I could feel the barrier that Demi has put up between us, so I understood what was now happening between us. At this point our relationship had to be strictly professional, and somehow I need to find a way to suppress these urges I am having. I decided it was time to speak up and clear my head.