Chapter Four: The Parade

"Woah! I look amazing! Will the other tributes be mad that we stole the spotlight?" "Belinda, you overlook everything. Sometimes you need to just relax. And the outfit isn't that good." I'm shocked on what she just said. "Relax?! How am I supposed to relax when everyone is going to want to kill me? And I look amazing! Thank you." I can tell I took it a little too far. I just focus on myself staying on the chariot. "Hey! Billy! You look stunning!" Billy and his stylist, Dominic, come out and look stunning as well. "Not so bad yourself. But i do have to ask, how do you make your zits pop out like that?" "Billy first of all, how are you so blind you can't tell frekles and zits apart? And second, you're the one who actually has zits." Ingrid gives me a high-five. Billy obviously seems embarrassed. I want to apoligise, but i dont want it to be harder to kill him. "Alright!" Diamonique starts. "Billy, Belinda, time to get on the chariot!" I am nervous as i am excited. "Lets do this!" I yell. Right before the first chariot goes, Axel whispers something in Billy's ear. He seems to not want to do what he said in his ear but he agrees to do what ever he wants him to do. "What was that all about?" "Nothing. We just need to focus on looking pretty and waving to adoring fans." I agree to what he says. The Capitol doesn't care if we die, they just want a good show so they can entertain themselves in a dark, twisted way. Right as we are unleashed to the crowd, i begin to smile and wave to both sides. As were halfway down the way to the gamemakers and President Paylor, Billy turns my head to him. "Belinda," he whispers. "Axel knows a way we can both get out of the arena." I'm in shock. "Really! How?" He shushes me. "I'll tell you when we get to our rooms." I continue to wave to the crowd as i wonder if the reason Billy didn't want to 'do' something for Axel, is because he wants me dead.