Helpless...

~When you allow desire, anger and frustration to dominate you, you are losing power.~

At that moment everything fell apart. My whole life was a sand castle and the cruel sea-waves came right on it breaking it, destroying it. I stared with the fear conquering my being knowing that the blood on him wasn’t his. Nate’s eyes were as black as always reminding me of the person he was. Of my friend. But this time…this time it was different. A dark shadow filled his jet-black eyes as the muscles on his chest and neck clenched in frustration.

A low, furious growling sound left his lips as he stared deep into my eyes.

“Abby?” I heard Andrew call for me. But his voice was distant, that distant that I barely heard him. Spanning around I stared into his fearful grey-green eyes.

Something was terribly wrong.

His gaze captured mine and everything starting to fall apart right before me. My vision turned slightly blurry as my knees got weak. Dizziness filled and conquered my senses and everything went cloudy, in slow motion. I cursed under my breath the person who dared to press the ‘slow motion’ button of my life.

The moment I laid eyes on Nate’s face I knew this wasn’t my friend. Someone had taken his place and in his eyes my friend was nowhere to be found. The guy that made fun of himself just to make me laugh, the person who bought me ice-cream when we were kids, the boy that was my best friend and was always there for me when I needed him, was nowhere inside this man.

Despite his looks his soul was missing. A sarcastic grin spread across his face as he turned his head to stare at me with disgust. Two arms wrapped around me just as I was about to make contact with the floor.

“Paul! Paul her powers! Get somebody for crying out loud!” someone yelled. My vision got completely blurry and I felt my body paralyzing second after second. Nate growled out in frustration and jumped off his chair taking a wolf’s form. The silver chains that seemed to burn him, keeping him in place were no longer there.

“No please! Let me help him!” I heard my voice scream as I saw my hands reach out in his direction. However I found myself unable to keep myself standing so I did what I thought was best: I let myself fall and if it wasn’t for these arms around me I would have.

“Take her out of here!” Paul bit out while staring at me. A hug paw landed on his face causing him to whine in pain. Next thing I knew Paul left his wolf take over and attacked Paul.

“My love please don’t leave me!” a familiar voice whispered in my ear for a reason I couldn’t understand my shirt started soaking with something. Drops fell on my face and they tasted salty but I knew I wasn’t the one crying.

“I…am okay!” I chanted.

“Shit!” someone cried out loud. The arms that were around me slightly let me on the floor and a person I felt feelings for run away from me.

“Don’t…go!” I cried in pain. The man span around and gazed at me, the pain of loss feeling his eyes. He tried to take a step closer but his movement was interrupted by a wolf’s yelp. He shook his head with a painful grimace plastered on his handsome face and took off towards the direction of the wolf. My head followed his path and I noticed an enormous black wolf with golden eyes attacking him.

I had no strength. At all. Desperately I tried again and again to open my mouth but the words wouldn’t come out. I wanted to scream, to yell at them, beg them to stop, inform them that this was Nate, my best friend. But I couldn’t and everything at that moment seemed worthless.