What is Oblivion?

Oblivion'– It is a weird space to explore. You can feel the adrenaline rush while diving into an oblivion, at the same time you are always curious about what is next.But the point is how do you dive into a temporary oblivion? I am not talking about medicine-induced oblivion. There is a difference between a medicine-induced oblivion and a natural oblivion. Honestly, I can never express the power of oblivion and the kind of euphoria you experience after getting back from a natural oblivion. The basic difference between an artificial and a natural oblivion is that your brain has to work hard on your natural oblivious state to get you out of that subconscious but an artificial oblivion stays as long as the doctor/external agent wants it to stay. Passive euthanasia is an example of an artificial oblivion where the person is sent to a permanent oblivion (death of the physical state of the being) by the medical professionals. I have always wondered and I am sure a lot of you also have,what happens to the soul when someone dies. I mean you have a conscious mind,you think stuffs, you feel stuffs, you have so much of memories; Is it really possible that so much of that cease to exist as soon as your death? We are not machines. Even a machine's memory can be recovered, so what happens with us after death? My mother always told me that after death the soul looks for new lives. I have heard a lot that soul is indestructible. And I kind of started to believe in it. A few years back my aunt died and my elder brother's (cousin)wife gave birth to my nephew. Last year my uncle died and again she gave birth to my niece. But then again one of my uncles died but no new lives in the family this time. So I wondered if his soul was trapped. Then I grew up and I realized a soul of a dead man looks for a new life and life is everywhere. Maybe the parrot I used to have, had his soul.

The point is this whole thing is unknown to the mankind. The privilege of having the wisdom of what happens after death is restricted to the dead. Philosophers, Pundits and scientists give their own explanations of what happens after-death and there is the catch: After death is an oblivion and you can explain your oblivion whichever way you want as long as you believe in it. But exploring oblivion with a conscious mind is difficult. You will have a hard time justifying your thoughts to others and even sometimes to yourself. There comes the natural oblivious state. It is not at all complex as much as it sounds. But I have experienced a natural oblivious state and I am sure you all have. Sleeping is the best escape to oblivion and I am not talking about a micro-sleep. A deep, sound sleep is the way you can achieve oblivion in the most natural way. So you must be wondering what is so special about sleeping. Well it is not the sleeping, it is all about dreaming. I am not putting up a lot of scientific work here but science does say that most people don't remember what they dreamed the previous day and they are not sure why some people can remember what they dream. Different researches depict the fact differently. People usually wake up in middle of dreams when they are anxious and when they wake up they tend to remember the dream more vividly. I hardly remember my dreams no matter how hard I try. But lately there is something I have been dreaming intermittently that made me so anxious and curious at the same time. I am a guy who believes in science but I am kind of moved by the series of dreams I have been having.

So far I have dreamed three dreams of a kind, and I remember all three of those vividly and it has inspired me to write about oblivion.