Dream 3

This is the dream that compelled me to write the events and find a connection among the series of dreams and my concept of oblivion.

It was beginning of august and I was in a party. I drank quite a few shots of tequila and a few beers before I was knocked off to bed. My head was spinning and I was so intoxicated that I was not in charge of my own body. I somehow crashed in bed and then...........

It was all black. May be it was middle of the night. I could see a few signboards but couldn't read what was written on those. The weather was a bit windy. I could feel that I was drunk and I was too afraid to go home. My father was calling me but I didn't answer. I wandered on the streets and stumbled here and there before tripping over a sleeping dog. I fell and the dog was furious. It jumped on me but suddenly I saw my father shielding me away from the dog. It was impossible. I looked up when the dog ran away and he wasn't there. I again got a call from him. I ignored. I started walking again. I was feeling so sleepy that I crashed in the middle of the road. A few moments after, a policeman came and nudged me. He said that he would press charge against me. I was scared. I didn't want my name to be in the police records. Oh wait. There is my father. I ran to him and told him that I was drunk. He seemed upset but he talked to the policeman and he (police) left. I was relieved but I could not see my father. Again a call from him. This time I picked up the phone but it was my mother. She asked me to come home asap. I did not think much and I ran home. But the road was never-ending. By the time I came home I saw that my father was struggling to breathe. I broke down in tears. He saved me from all kinds of troubles and I could not be in his side when he needed me the most. This was the time when I started to wonder if it was a dream or reality. I so wanted this to be one of my oblivious states. I was hoping I would wake up after a few minutes and it will all be over but it started to get worse. I felt a weird pressure on my chest and I was thirsty at the same time. It was this moment when I tried hard to get out of my own oblivion but I couldn't.

And I fell hard on my face from the bed and this was probably the first time when I was happy after waking up. A moments after that I felt a terrible urge to have some food. I was so hungry that I looked everywhere for food. I was dehydrated and had a bad hangover. I saw the clock and it was 9:40 pm. I did not wake up the whole day. I woke up after almost an entire day. My friend who hosted the party told me that I had been a dead meat for a day.

So I thought about this dream later on that night and I wondered how could I possibly remember this after being intoxicated so heavily. May be the dream occurred just before I was going to wake up and people tend to remember the dreams that occurs right before waking up. But what was its significance? See my father saved me from all the troubles literally. My body desperately needed food and water and I was not waking up. So my father comes to my dream and gets me out of it. I took out my phone and saw 23 missed calls from my father. This time I did not ignore. I called him right away and a father-son conversation never felt so good as it was.