Ban List Reaction (for December 3, 2018)

11/30/18

Ern160

Yamigesuna

thatgamingpikachu

witchblades-_

Hold up. Wait a minute...

Firewall Dragon's banned?

Konami heard our cries and responded swiftly like the Gods. Firewall was by far the most cancerous card in today's meta game, and just the game in general. To it, I say good riddance. Maybe the meta will diversify more and won't just be Danger Dark World FTK Break My Board  Trash. Decks like that are good in casual Duels with friends, but in competitive play, they are simply unacceptable.

By now, I think we all know how disgusting Firewall Dragon was. It's Summoning condition only being 2+ monsters was ridiculous, and way to easy to bust out for a monster of this high caliber. I don't want to ever see Firewall come off this ban list without an errata to make it require Cyberse monsters and a hard once per turn clause added to the effect. Either make extreme alterations to the card, or leave it to burn in fictional ban list hell.

Despite how much I love the Dark Warrior engine, Armageddon Knight and Destiny HERO - Malicious getting hit was needed. The engine can, more or less, make any Deck extreme consistent and give it the ability to Link Spam with relative ease. Armageddon Knight now being at 1 makes the engine a little less consistent.

I love Malicious and use it as an engine in a lot of my Decks, but I feel that it probably should've been banned. It's easily searchable and it's effect is extremely easy to get off, but I guess Konami didn't just want to make the card straight up unplayable, so I guess having it at 2 is okay. The engine's not completely dead, and it'd suck to see another HERO card banned right after we freed Stratos.

ABCs are playable again due to Assault Core being back at 3. Assault Core, quite literally, paid for Firewall's sins, now it's back from the dead. ABC players rejoice I suppose. I'll probably be trying out ABCs again soon, just because the Deck's not dead anymore.

Kozmo Dark Destroyer is back at 3. Nice to see it back at Unlimited status. It went back up to Semi-Limited last list, so I guess Konami just wanted to test the waters. I can't see Kozmo being extremely meta anytime soon, so let's welcome back Dark Destroyer with open arms and see how well he plays in 2018.

I'm happy to see Called by the Grave back at Unlimited status as well. The card is the only efficient out to hand traps like Ash Blossom, so that's definitely a plus.

As with every list, I do have a few nitpicks and unfulfilled hopes:

- Performage Plushfire is still banned

I really don't understand why. It's essentially a searcher for the Performage archetype. Personally, I could definitely see this at 1, maybe even 2. But banned? Maybe during the ARC-V era of the game, but now, not so much.

- None of the Danger! cards were hit at all

At least they can't FTK anymore, but still, every monster in this archetype is broken as hell.

- Spell Cards

The Beginning of the End and Allure of Darkness (I love this card) should've been hit. I can see BotE at 1 and Allure at 2, at least until the end of the VRAINS Era.

- Link Monsters

Put the Knightmares at 1 or 2 (varying depending on monster), and slap a hot Limit on Gumblar Dragon. Gumblar's awesome, but it's effect is busted no matter which way you slice it. Isolde, while an amazing card, needs to be hit as well. I'd say maybe a Semi-Limit or Limit.

In conclusion, I feel that this banlist did what it needed to do. Firewall needed to go. Too many cards died for it's sins, and now, the king has fallen. 

And I'm loving every second of it.

I'll be anxiously waiting for the next list. It's supposed to come late January 2019, but I'm expecting it to drop sometime in February 2019, right after the release of the new Savage Strike  set.

Inb4 my precious Neo Space Connector gets hit next list thanks to it essentially being a one-card Isolde.

Anyways, I wanna give a big thanks to all of you for reading. Be sure to tell what you guys thought of the latest banlist drop from Konami in the comments down below, or in a PM. Have a good night everyone, and be sure to keep Dueling ^-^

~ Dawn