Thanksgiving Special

The season of autumn has brought family and friends together. Cody was having the happiest time of his life with his parents. He was glad to have his parents to listen to him for once ever since his disappearance. Cody was thankful to be living on earth. He used to think life was unfair to him.

For now, he took a break from raking the leaves. His backyard was almost completely clean. There were no leaves on the branches, but a few scattered around the ground. The steampunk treehouse was still there, but only the chronophim and their friends do.

Cody invited them over to his home to eat turkey.

"Come inside, everyone! It's kind of warm here. The turkey is ready with mashed potatoes, gravy, and some vegetables," he smiled warmly to them.

Vinny, Eliza, Victor, Tobias, and Vaden came inside, looking around the lovely autumn decorations at home. They sat at the table, waiting for their thanksgiving meal.

Cody sat with them as he waited for his parents to bring out the turkey. He blurted out happily. "Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. It is the time to make peace and give thanks to each other and..."

Vaden interrupted, "Thanksgiving? What's Thanksgiving? What do we have to be thankful for?" He was unfamiliar with the holiday, celebrated by human beings.

Cody just stared at him. "Thanksgiving is celebrated by pilgrims and Indians in the old times around in the 1600s."

Vinny laughed, "Let me guess, you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, isn't it, Vaden?"
Vaden looked at Vinny, giving him a wide death stare. "Hourglass island doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and we're not-"

Tobias interrupted, "Let's not get into any fights. Let's enjoy the meal and celebrate together."

Vaden sighed in defeat and crossed his arms. "Fine. Trying something usual isn't my thing at all."

"Don't be hasty," Victor slurped his water. "Don't you smell the spices from the turkey coming out from the oven?"
Finally, Cody's parents finally brought out the turkey from the oven. The warm steam was coming out from the spices from the skin. The turkey was golden brown and baked. The stuffing was filled with cheese and mixed vegetables. Everyone was getting hungry as they smelled it.

Cody's mother cut out the turkey breast, giving slices for each person on the table. Everyone got their mashed potatoes and gravy.

Eliza was excited. She tasted for the cranberry sauce since she was curious about how it was taste like. It was sweet and a bit of sour. She loved it. "Oh man, I love the sauce already."

Vinny nodded quietly. "Yeah."

Vaden was astonished to see how the turkey was big. It was bigger than a chicken. "Oh sheesh, this looks like a huge chicken to me. Seems delicious to me"

"It's not a chicken, but turkeys are similar to chickens," said Cody. He encouraged him to try it.

While they eat in between their meals, Cody's mother tried to encourage the guests to say thanks to each other. She clasped her hands together and smiled purely. "So everyone, it's a tradition to give each other thanks. I want to hear what everyone thankful is for." She turned her head over to Cody. "Your turn, son."

Cody jumped up. "Oh sweet. My first time in front of everybody. I'm thankful for every one of you saving my life from the tempus demon and bringing me back home safely from the adventures. Without you, I wouldn't be alive today."