Cook Together

Allen was a vegetarian so you always made sure that you hadvegetarian options for everything. You (were a vegetarian also so itwasn't a big change/were a meat eater but could easily make surethere was enough for the vegetarian). A vegetarian spider, you hadn'tever heard of one before but it was fun to try out how to cook.

He was very much an American; he loved the seasons of Maine, thespice of Louisiana, the salads of California, everything. Today hehad felt like Tex-Mex and you (loved and cooked Tex-Mex often/hadnever cooked it before so thought it would be fun).

You decided on vegetarian version of chili con carne, a main dish ofTex-Mex migas that is going to be put on a flour tortilla, the sidedishes are rice and corn bread. You even made up some sopapillas fordessert, you liked yours with (honey/cinnamon-sugar) and Allan likedhis with (opposite one; honey/cinnamon-sugar). This would be a goodmeal.

As you were cooking Allen himself had already set the table for youand would end up washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen for you.He smiled humming smelling the homey smells of chilie, cumin,parsley, oregano, and coriander, the beans, peppers and of courselots and lots of cheese. The best part was definitely the cheese.

Allan hummed his eyes darkening and he moved closer to you huggingyou from behind again, his front two spider legs also going aroundyour legs to. You hummed turning your head a bit but he stayed closeto you and his head laying against your shoulder.

"Allan?" You asked stirring the chili con carne.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked sounding a bit worriedbut you shook your head.

"No, it's okay." Being assured he nuzzled into even ore and yousmiled a bit, "I do wonder why you're so cuddly."

"Cuddly?"

"How hug-y you are being." He started to pull back but yougrabbed his hands and smiled. "It's okay, I don't mind the hugs.I'm just curious."

"Oh...it's because..." he let out a deep breath of air and thensaid it, "it's what we arachnids do when we find our mate."

"Mate?"

You turned to look at him and there was a warm fire in his ruby eyes.He opened his mouth to say something but then seemed to decide not tobother with that and instead kissed you passionately. You gasped andhe took the chance to slip his tongue into your mouth.

Your (eye color) orbs fluttered shut and you wrapped your handsaround his neck holding him tightly to you.

That was what he meant by mate.

My fiancee is avegetarian who loves Tex-Mex, so I've looked into a lot of possiblerecipes. A sopapilla is very similar to a beignet from Louisiana (ifyou've seen Princess and the Frog from Disney).