2 | The Engagement | 2

It was the engagement day.

And Aarzoo was the busiest.

Before her sister's alliance was even fixed,her family had decided who'd arrange which function.Aarzoo had decided to arrange the entire engagement, her mother was going to arrange the Haldi/Mehendi Night and her father,well,the wedding.Even though they'd split up works, the main responsibility will be on the respective person.

And it was Aarzoo's turn.Her appi had always been the best sister anyone could ask for.So her wedding functions just HAD TO be THE BEST. She would leave no scope for imperfection.

She blabbered to herself as she walked down the stairs hurriedly.

"Garlands?Checked.
Appi's gown,checked.
Appi's jewellery,checked.
Decoration?In process,checked.
Main Food?Checked.
Snacks?Checked.
Desserts?Checked.
The groom?Hopefully checked." She said as she chuckled.

"Rings?...OH MY GOD!THE RINGS!WHERE ARE THE RINGS?!"She ran as fast as she could in her heels and gown to her Abbu.

" Abbu,where are the rings??i can't find it!do you know where they are?why can't i remember where i kept them did i just ruin appi's perfect engagement! did i- Abbu?why are you smiling?"

She was confused.The rings were nowhere to be found and he was smiling?

"Calm down,dear.I have them." And just like that,her mother found this lost thing as well.How did they do it? Find every lost thing somehow?

She took the rings from her and went upstairs again to keep the rings in the midnight blue ring pillow. After that was done she walked towards Aabida's room to see if she had started getting ready or not. She walked in to see that the makeup artist was doing her makeup and her assistant was doing her hair while the other one was taking care of her nail polish.

"Make sure the make-up isn't too loud yet not too soft." Aarzoo instructed the make-up artist.

Then she turned to go downstairs again but quickly rushed to Aabidah,
"Listen,it's YOUR day,okay?Don't feel anxious,don't be tensed,i'm gonna make it a perfect one.So just smile and enjoy it.Also,get to know Mishaal would-be-Jiju(brother-in-law),you guys need to know eachother better. Best of luck,i'm gonna go get ready,i love you appi." She kissed her cheek lightly so the makeup wasn't harmed in any way and ran downstairs to her Ammi.

"Ammi,listen,everything's done,food is in process,appi's almost ready so i'm going to my room to get dressed as well,okay?" She said quickly.

"Yes yes,relax Aarzoo,you've been working since morning.Everything will be fine.Now go and get ready.My daughters are going to look the prettiest in the evening."

Aarzoo rushed to her room and took her time getting ready since everything was almost done.

Aarzoo was wearing a blue gown for the evening. It was a pretty pastel blue with a boat neck that had sequins all over the upper portion of her dress. It had three quarter sleeves which too was sequinned. The lower portion of the gown was of a flowwy synthetic material and it was a shade lighter than the upper part. She paired up her gown with a simple platinum bracelet and beaded earrings along with pastel blue heels.She wore matte makeup and straightened her hair.

She wore matte makeup and straightened her hair