Epilogue: Megonia

“Hello? Negae, are you there?”

“Wren? How are you, friend!” 

“I’m so bored! Nico and Acanthus are asleep, but I don’t know how. I miss everyone too much! I wish we were all still together, you and me and Ash and the others. Especially Ash…”

“I too, miss Ash. But I am sure that we will all be reunited. This cannot be the legendary heroes’ last adventure!”

“Well I hope it's under fun circumstances! Hey Negae...do you think we’ll ever see Ash again? Not Diel, but…I mean he may not have had a living weapon, but as far as I’m concerned, he was as much of a hero as we were!”

“I agree with you, but I cannot say whether or not Ash will ever return. All I can say is that perhaps if we keep him in our hearts, we can form him a path from the darkness.”

“Wow…I hope you’re right. Maybe if I see him in my dream tonight, I can tell him that we’re looking out for him, and that he should follow our hearts!”

“I’m sure he’d like that. Good night Wren, I look forward to the day that we may speak face to face once again.”

“Me too…Night Negae.”

---------------

“Quetzal? Can you hear me?”

“Nico! Is it already the next day in Megonia?”

“No, but…I couldn’t wait.”

“Are you back home at the warren?”

“No, I’m staying with Wren and Acanthus for the night.”

“Well I’m glad you’re okay.”

“Me too. I was really worried about you.”

“You were worried about me?”

“Of course! You’re so…carefree and relaxed, I can’t help but worry about all the trouble you could get into.”

“Haha, right. Thanks, mom.”

“Um…what are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to look for others of my tribe. Or at least other Drachen. To tell you the truth though…I am a little scared.”

“I wish I could help. I wish I was there with you.”

“You’re with me right now, and it’s a great help. As long as you keep talking to me, I’ll make it. As long as I can hear your voice, I won’t be afraid.”

“O-okay! I’ll stay with you all the way, Quetzal!”

“Thanks, Nico.”