Chapter 3 : Meeting Shoto

~Kakashi P.O.V.~

A slam woke me up. Looking around I noticed Sakura and Sasuke were still sleeping. This whole dog thing must have tired them out.

I hear voices talking in the other room and go to investigate. Carefully opening the door, I peek my head out to see who's there. I see Naruto with another boy a few years older than him.

He looks tired and laid back, almost like he doesn't care about anything happening around him

He looks tired and laid back, almost like he doesn't care about anything happening around him. I watch as he walks over to the couch and flops down face first into the pillows.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice behind me ask. Looking up I see Naruto leaning over me. "Are you OK, Katsu?"

I nod and he looks pleased. That's when the boy on the couch speaks up. "Oi, Naruto. What's the dog for?" He asks in a sleepy tone, lifting his head up to get a better look at me.

Naruto walks over to sleepy boy and helps him sit up. "Right, I forgot to mention that today. I found three dogs in an alley and decided to bring them home. I have been thinking about getting a ninja pet lately. This guys name is Katsu. Katsu, this is my friend Shoto," he says before heading to the kitchen.

~Shoto P.O.V.~

Watching Naru-chan's dog I can tell he's more intelligent than other dogs. He also understands everything Naru-chan said. Something is going on here and I will find put what it is. "Dinners ready!" Naruto calls. Walking into the kitchen I sit at the table and wait for Naru-chan's food.

After dinner we talk a bit before I have to go. "Sorry Naru-chan, I have to go. Sneaking in and out of the village ain't easy and you know it. See ya at The Place tomorrow," I say before getting up and walking to the door.

"See ya, Sho," he replies.

~Kakashi P.O.V.~

'Wait, what? This Shoto person snuck into the village without getting caught? And Naruto leaves the village sometimes too? By the sounds of things they do it a lot too. I will figure this out,' I think as I finish my dinner and head back to Naruto's room, snuggling back into the warm bedsheets.