Epilogue

One Year Later

Spencer paces in front of the dressing room mirror, wringing his hands. He hadn't felt this anxious in ages. The past year was amazing but now that the wedding was finally here, he was freaking out. What if he wasn't good enough? What if this ends bad? What if-

"Spencer."

Spencer turns to see JJ looking at him with a worried smile. She looked beautiful in the emerald dress and her hair swept up on top of her head.

"You look great." He smiles and pulled her into a hug.

"So do you."

"Are you ready?"

Spencer takes a shaky breath. "I think so?"

"Is that doubt I see? Unsureness?" She teases gently. Seeing his face, she hugs him again. "You're ready, trust me." She carefully adjusts the pelt on his shoulders and his face flushed a little. He hated that but it couldn't be helped.

"What if he realized he can do better?"

"Spencer, he can't do better. He loves you."

Spencer opens his mouth to speak again when a wave of calm washed over him and he smiles. He silently thanked Aaron and turned his gaze to the door when Derek came in.

"Oh look at you pretty boy! You look great."

"Thanks. So do you."

"I look great in everything." Derek laughs, hugging Spencer. "Ready?"

"Yeah. I think I am." He gives a shaky smile. He smooths his hands over the sides of his suit and takes a deep breath.

Moving from the dressing room to the altar was all a blur and the next thing Spencer knew, he was standing face to face with Aaron Hotchner. All of his nerves dissipated as he looks over at Dave, whom they asked to be their officator. Dave gives a warm smile and begins to speak.

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right." He starts. "Standing before you are two of the bravest men I've ever met. I trust them both with my life, which is something I do not take lightly. Most of you know that. Today is the day they decide to become a family. Between you and me, it's about damn time." Dave grins and the guests laughed. " Now I understand you both wrote your own vows?" When Spencer and Aaron nod a little, Dave gestures to Aaron. "You first."

Aaron takes a deep breath and smiles at Spencer fondly. "With this ring, I give you my promise
that from this day forward. I will give you all my love, and you shall not walk alone. I have no greater gift to give. As your love is my anchor, and your trust is my strength. May my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home. As this ring has no end or beginning, so shall my love for you be. As I place it on your finger, I give you all that I am, and all that I shall become."

Spencer felt himself blush at the words. He was speechless and stunned that the words were meant for him.

"Spencer?"