Chapter 2- Sandy Beaches

When we arrived in the Bahamas I was super tired and we were all jet lagged but we pushed through it because as soon as we stepped afoot on the island a smile crossed the lips of all three of us. We knew it was going to be an amazing vacation. The hotel was beautiful, right on the beach and it was so open and fresh. When we walk into our hotel room we see Nonna sitting on the couch in the main living room of the suite.

"Surprise!" Nonna said as she stood up to embrace Frankie and I in a hug. "Nonna, what are you doing here?" I say half laughing.

"What, am I not supposed to be included in the family vacation? Last time I checked I am part of this family."

I smiled. The trip was going to be even better with Nonna around, besides after the pass of Grandpa it will be good for her to have some fun.

After we put our bags down in our rooms we put our swimsuits on to go chill by the beach. It's 6pm but I like going to the beach at night. I join Frankie in the elevator down, Nonna & mom just wanted to relax in the room. I'm wearing a pink watermelon bikini top paired with pink surf shorts and pink flip flops with pineapples on them that I got at Aeropostale. I'm also wearing a big sweater as a cover up.

Not That many people are at the beach at that time so we grabbed two empty chairs on the sand and lie down. Life is good. 8)

After a while Frankie says he's going to go get a drink at the bar and I asked if he could just grab me a water. I closed my eyes and just saw how perfect life was at that moment. On the beach, with family, unrecognized and happy. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Frankie holding two piña coladas in his hands. He hands one of the piña coladas to me. "Cheers!" He says.

I've had Alcohol before and after I've turned 21 but I haven't had any fruity island drinks like this. Infact I haven't even had a "virgin" piña colada since I was 12. I put my mouth on the straw and find it impossible for the drink to go up the straw. Frankie is laughing because he sees my problem and whips out his phone to record the incident.

"Stop it!" I say giggling, "no, this drink will not go up this damn straw I swear it's not me"😂 Frankie grabs the drink from me and Quickly swallows it through the straw and said into the camera "Ariana is losing it, this straw is like any ordinary straw. And so is the drink just with some fun stuff." I'm laughing so hard that people start to notice us. But I hadn't noticed them. "Give me your drink Frankie because I can not drink mine. " I'm still bursting with laughter and Frankie and I start to lay back down with our switched drinks when several people who are visiting the resort approach us.

"Excuse us, but are you Ariana Grande?" A woman with a young daughter that looks about 10 says.

"And are you Frankie Grande? Weren't you on that show Big Brother?" Said someone else.

Soon a whole crowd of people were swarming us and I didn't know what to do. I took a selfie with the woman and her daughter and a few more people but then more & more kids, families, and workers surrounded us and Frankie announced "Guys, please, Ariana and I have to get Back to our room our Mother & grandma are upstairs waiting for us." I start to follow Frankie away from the crowd but then I stop because I see a girl. She looked about 13, and she was crying. There was something else about her too.... She was bald. I go over to the girl and say "sweetheart, why are you crying?" And then she starts to cry more and embraces me in a hug. "Jasmine, give Ariana some air." Her mother says.

"Sorry," she smiles wiping the tears off her face, "I just love you so much and I never thought I was going to meet you."

"Oh my god, I love you too." I hug her again. Frankie noticed me hugging her and walks towards me.

"Hi there young lady, I'm Frankie." He says.

"Oh my gosh hi!!" She squeals. And then she begins to cry again. The whole crowd noticed all of this and begin to smile. "Jasmine's been suffering with Lung cancer since she was 6 years old," her mother said, "her biggest dream has been to meet you but she used her wish when she was 8 to go to Disneyland, so she never thought it would happen I told her dreams do come to true." The mother was crying.

"My life is very similar to the girl in the fault in our stars, the only difference is instead of wanting to meet an author I've wanted to meet you and it just happened." Jasmine hugs me once more.

"Darling," I'm crying now, "it didn't just happen, it's happening."