Chapter 2

~TOBIAS POV~

I am finally going to do it. Me and Tris have been dating since the beginning of junior year of high school. I think both of us are ready for this. I know that Tris loves the great outdoors so this camping trip is the perfect time to do it. But what is she isn't ready? No, she will be. Right?

Calm down Tobias. It will be fine. Everything is going to work out. God, I hope so. I can't believe I am going to do this. But I know I have to. I might not get a time as perfect as this. I need to go to the mall. NOW.

"Tris, I'll be home by dinner. I just remembered that I have some last minute errands I have to run before we leave. Do you need anything?" I ask Tris.

"Actually yes, could you pick up some marshmallows? Because SOMEBODY ate them all." She says rolling her eyes. I ate all of them last week.

"Sure. I'll be back." I say to her in the Terminators voice as I turn and run out of the door. The last thing I hear before I leave is her beautiful laugh.

When I get into my car i turn the radio on and my favorite song is on, so I sing along.

"The secret side of me

I never let you see

I keep it caged but i can't control it.

So stay away from me

The beast is ugly

I feel the rage and I just can't hold it.

It's scratching on the walls

In the closet, in the halls

It comes awake and I can't control it

Hiding under the bed

In my body, in my head

Why won't somebody come and save me from this?

Make it end!

I feel it deep within

It's just beneath the skin

I must confess that I feel like a Monster!

I hate what I've become

Ther nightmares just begun

I must confess that I feel like a Monster!

I, I feel like a Monster!

I, I fell like a Monster!

My secret side I keep

Hid under lock and key

I keep it caged but I can't control it

Cause if I let him out

He'll tear me up

And break me down

Why won't somebody come and save me from this?

Make it end!"

And with that I arrive at the multi-purpose mall. (A/N: If you are wondering that is like a mix of a normal mall and a grocery store.) I go into the mini Walmart and get the marshmallows. I go ahead and get some grahm crackers and Hersheys Chocolate also so we can make smores.

I exit that store and head to my last stop. The place that will either make me or break me. I enter the jewlery store and start to look at engagement rings when a woman who looks about in her 30's asks if she can help me.

"Yes please. I am looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I want something simple but yet striking." I tell her.

"Ah, I have exactly what you are looking for. I'll be right back." She says. She walks off and comes back 2 minutes later with a small box coverd in black velvet. She opens it and the ring is perfect. In the center of the ring is a small black diamond. The band of the ring is simple until it gets close to the diamond where it splits into 2 and twists to form the circle that the diamond is in. So i just stand there with my mouth open, probably looking like the biggest goof in the world, but I dont care.

"It's perfect! Thank you so much!" I finally manage to get out.

"See I told you. Lets get that payed for." She tells me. We walk over to the cash register and I pay for the ring. I thank her one last time and leave to go pack for the camping trip.

This week is going to be perfect. I am finally going to ask Tris to marry me.