Prologue

Paris, 1927

Wishing sometimes often turns out to be a disappointment or a frustration. Your mind is so set onto the need of your wish to become real that most of the times people get lost in the middle. Get lost in other emotions, resembling anger, loneliness or even vengeance. Nagini chose to believe that the company of another person and maybe love, could erase the past, could erase all of the sleepless nights while working at Circus Arcanus.

While holding Credence's hand, immersed on the feeling of his cold skin coming in contact with her feverish sweaty finger, she realized she could actually try to change the sadness in his eyes to something that resembles happiness.

The circus people were yelling. Not at them but of fear. The explosion that went off caught the tend and set it on fire almost immediately, many people were scared by seeing the flames and the animals running from one side to the other were frantic. They both were hiding at the corner of a building, looking out to see if anyone dangerous appeared. Laying low until they could go out of their hiding spot and onto their new mission.

She caught sight of some Aurors arriving at the scene, lowering her head as she pressed herself more into Credence's back. He said something, but Nagini was a little disoriented by her transformation back to human, so she didn't quite grasp his words. He put an arm around her shoulders, shielding her from the confusion and from the messy world around them.

When everything seemed to be darker than before, emptier than earlier, Credence backed away from the spot they were both in it, dragging her by the hand, passing through the statue that was a portal to the muggle Paris. They both exhale and with a glance to Credence, Nagini knew he was thinking about where to go. They were all alone now, with only one thing to do, one hidden agenda...finding his biological mother and maybe having a family.

"We are free, Credence..." She didn't mean to sound so heartbroken, her heart being replaced by this new free form.

His hand came to rest on hers softly, as his eyes sparkled with something different than sadness.

Relief.

Hope.

But everything was shattered later that week.