Begin Again

Père Lachaise Cemetery, 1927

"He knows what you were born, not who you are...." Nagini yelled at Credence, not wanting to believe that the man in front of her actually believed that joining that mad man would answer all of his questions. She didn't want to believe that he was choosing a path that she couldn't follow him. Her hold on him didn't matter, he was blindsided by Grindelwald words and even with her nails dragging through his skin, she wasn't holding him anymore.

Her inside were eating her away, painfully she tried to grab his hands between all the chaos and blue fire, but he was unreachable now. Credence took a step back, passing through the fire and not screaming with pain, making Nagini once again confirm that he actually wanted to join Grindelwald.

Why Credence fell for that man's words was beyond Nagini's comprehension, because everytime that man opened his mouth...she could only feel dread. It's like something crawled up on her skin, in a bad way, and an awful feeling lingered behind.

The blue flames engulfed him, dissaraying his raven hair and making his brown eyes lit with something deep inside of him. Fear, hope or loneliness, Nagini couldn't read him anymore. Not when he chose this new path without her.

She suspected that Credence wanted for her to join him, but she would never be tamed again, not by Grindelwald and not by anyone. Not after hearing what the man had done and will probably do to the wizardry world. He promised freedom, but not before caging everyone's to his whims. His charming personality would call many people, people that would have never joined him otherwise. People like the blond woman who can read minds, as she walked through the fire and joined Credence on the other side, Nagini remembered her from the tales Credence told her. She was the sister of the auror who tried to help him in New York.

So you see, even good people were being fooled by that mad man's poisoning lies.

The red haired man, the muggle and the auror, Tina. They were all scattered around the auditorium and Nagini couldn't run to them, but she could try to not be consumed by the fire that was closing on herself.

Looking one last time to Credence, she gave him a apologetic smile and broke in a run to the higher stands of the auditorium, grabbing the seam of her skirt and hopping to not fall. The animal inside of her was begging to be let go, but she passed this last year trying to control her transformation better. Knowing full well that stressful situations always triggered the predator inside of her blood.

She hid behind a pilaster, waiting for a way to get out of the auditorium but knowing that the madman would soon kill them all than let anyone get away, so she opted to wait and see.

A nice looking woman yelled a 'I love you' to one of the two red haired man, both of them went aghast when the blue flame involved the girl trying to protect its master and Nagini seeing all the scene crumpled to the ground. Holding herself barely with the help of the wall next to her, as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

She was used to cruelty, she was used to pain, during her stay at the Circus Arcanus she got well acquainted with all those things. But seeing that woman so selflessly giving her life to maybe buy some time to the two man still staring at the place where once she was, made her heart ache for her. That woman loved so much and in the end died because of that. Before both man could process what happened to the woman that disappeared before their eyes, all hell broke loose.

When the fire started to chase everyone who didn't pick a side, Nagini walked to the nearest door but it was closed. She tried to punch the stone, hoping it would move somehow, trying even a spell but the magical block was still up. The muggle came closer to her, also searching for a way to get away but when booth looked at each other she felt the block disappear and she knew she could apparate.