Prologue

A/N

DISCLAIMER:

Just a word before I start; there will be selective dialogue and explicit content in this story. Vine will not exist. Although, all of the boys will be in this book. Some of them will come later in the book.

A/N OVER

*3 YEARS BEFORE*

"Where do you think you're going, missy?" my mother asked as I tip-toed to the front door.

It was currently midnight and I was going to visit my friend, Morgan. She has been very sick recently and her parents are out of town. They left her at home all alone so I offered to help take care of her.

She had just texted me that she needed my help with something and I was going over to her house.

"I, um, was going to, uh, check up on Morgan. She, uh, just texted me she needs my help with something."

I was never very confident when I was talking to my mother. She was very intimidating. She stands at 6 foot, staggering over my height at 5'2. She had a large frame, most of it being muscle. She was not afraid to stand up for anything. She knocked out a store clerk because he wouldn't take her coupon.

"Oh really? I don't believe you. Show me the text." she dared.

I quickly retrieved my phone from my back pocket and opened up our conversation. I showed it to her and she gave me a disapproving look. I hung my head and looked up at her with pleading eyes.

"Fine. Get back here as soon as you're done. And if you don't," she paused, "you will be punished. And I will not let you go easy."

I nodded reluctantly. I walked out of the house and over to Morgan's. She didn't live that far away.

I knocked on her door and she greeted me.

"Oh, hi! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Come come."

She let me in and we walked into the living room. I sat down on the love seat and observed the room. You could tell that she hasn't done much but lay on the couch for the past week or so. The middle couch cushion was dipped in and had tons of blankets and pillows thrown on top of it. A bucket lay on the ground next to the couch for, I'm guessing, if she had to vomit. An empty box and a half-full box of tissues sat next to it. The coffee table was pushed up against the couch and was covered in various chip bags, wrappers, cups, and used tissues. There were puddles of dog and cat pee everywhere. This place was trashed.

She seemed to have been reading my mind and apologized for the mess.

"I just have no energy to do anything except eat, drink, and watch Orange is the new Black."

She sounded terrible. Her voice was nasally and raspy. She sniffled often. You could hardly understand her. She looked even worse. Her cheeks and nose were red. Her bright green eyes are now a dull, olive green. Her eyes were bloodshot and there were very noticable bags under them. Her lips were dry and chapped. She was as pale as a ghost.

A/N

I BELIEVE IN GHOSTS AND WHEN I WAS WRITING THE LAST SENTENCE I GOT GOOSEBUMPS AND NOW I AM FREAKED OUT. HELP ME

A/N OVER

"What episode are you on? I just finished watching Season 2."

"I'm on Season 2 Episode 7. I'm behind." She laughed slightly then erupted in a coughing fit. The coughs were throaty and loud.

"Are you sure you are okay? You don't sound it." I chuckled.

"I'm perfectly fine, see." She started cheesing like and idiot causing me to burst into laughter.

Once we calmed down, she started to speak again.

"Well, anyway, you know my boyfriend, Carter, right?" She smiled as she mentioned his name.

Here we go. Morgan never stops talking about him. Boyfriends are overrated. In fact, boys are overrated. I can not stand them sometimes.

"Yes I know Mr. Reynolds. Why?" I said in an annoyed tone. I really didn't want to talk about Asian boy at 1:00 in the morning.

"Well he apparently has a friend and he is moving a few houses down from your's." She had a ridiculous smirk on her face.

"Alright. So... what about it?"

She glared at me.

"I looked him up on the internet and learned some stuff. He is our age and pretty cute, too. Check him out."

She passed me her phone and showed me a picture of this Matthew kid.

Wow, he was attractive. He had the most adorable smile that you could melt over. His eyes, oh, his eyes. They were a beautiful shade of brown that you could easily get lost in. He had a very defined jaw line that was to die for. His hair was quiffed which I liked, a lot. But looks are not everything.

"He's very attractive, Morgan but, I don't know anything about his personality. I can't just say something about a person by just looking at a picture of them, you know."

"Ugh fine. I knew you'd like him. You two would look good together."

"Okay, whatever you say. Well I better get back home. My mother is going to kill me if I'm not home soon." I tell her standing up from my seat.

"Thank you for stopping by. Oh before you go, can you give me my medicine?"

I look at her over my shoulder and give in.

"Fine, but make this quick."

A/N

Hey peoples. \( •_•)/

Sorry this sucked but I am just getting started on this story.

If you have any suggestions or something like that, feel free to leave them in the comments.

Stalk me on Twitter: @SOFTSERVEMATT

Well anyway thank you.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

A/N OVER