Chapter Nine

I'll just post this then run and hide in the cupboard!! 

It's taken me a "little" while to get back on track.. I have moved back home to Australia after two years in London, here for 6 more months and then off to Canada for two years. So life has been a little exciting on my end, hope everything has been fabulous in the world for everyone else! <3

Planning on Sunday updates going forward, so be ready for some Anna and Mason time next week! Hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think.

xx C.

I wake to the overwhelming smell of coffee, opening my eyes to see a large mug being circled in front of my face.

"Caffeine, the best remedy for embarrassment and shame.." She says with a quiet chuckle, guiding the mug to my hand.

Giving her a thankful smile as I take a sip, "I must admit, it doesn't make it worse, but I don't think it was the shame that gave me this headache."

"Yeah, that might be the beer, but look on your face is definitely isn't."

"What look? this is just my morning face."

"I have seen your morning face, this is more a 'I showed Mason that I might like him and now I'm regretting it' face." She grins.

I gave her a flat look when her smile turns into a loud laugh, "I do not like him, he is just infuriating."

"Isn't that how all young love starts? Boy acts all tough and arrogant but secretly has a soft spot for the girl. Girl pretends to hate such traits while slowly falling for boy."

"Is that you speaking from experience, with Nathan maybe?" Deciding that it would be best to turn the topic away from my feelings, or lack there of, for Mason.

All humour left her face for a moment as looks away from me, thinking over the question. "No, we were nothing like that, we were just close friends who took comfort in each other while waiting for something.. more."

"Were?"

"He found someone more." She chuckle sadly.

"I'm sorry, Lou"

She just waves me off, blurting out. "Do you believe in soulmates, Anna?"

"I, ah, not really.. I mean I like the idea of them, but unfortunately they are just one many wonderful parts of fairy tails." I lie, werewolves have soulmates, or mates as they like to call them, my mom used to tell me that it was a magical bond that activated the moment their eyes met. She would always describe them as a beautiful connection that mother nature herself would match together.

Blue's didn't have soulmates in the same way, but we do bond to our life partners in a ceremony, our bonds are not decided by mother nature, but if they are approved by her a matching tattoo will form on the pairs left wrist. The tattoo does link them in a milder way than werewolves, it lets them sense extreme emotions of their other half, to know when they're hurt or in danger.

"I do, I grew up listening to stories that we all have soulmates and we'll just know when we meet our other half, when I used to see how in love my parents were, I never doubted them. But when will I meet someone who won't just leave?" Her voice cracks a little at the end.

"Well, your stuck with me, lady." I smile at her, ignoring the stab of betrayal in my chest. Lou deserves a better friend that someone like me, someone who will have to leave her sooner or later. Nothing can stay hidden forever.

"Don't I know it, your like the sister I always wants and sisters stick together!" She bumps my shoulder putting on a large smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.