Chapter 33

I just had this thought, is anyone else hoping that the Legends have to deal with Cupid on Valentine's day?

After he was discharged from the hospital, Oliver held a press conference outside City Hall to make a couple of announcements to the press.

"Thank you all for coming out here today. The reason I called this press conference is to pick up where I left off at the Black Canary ceremony before it was interrupted. Now, as you all know the SCPD has been infested by corruption. Some people might blame that for the reason of vigilantism in this city. However, thanks to officers like Captain Lance here, I still have faith that there are still good men and women on our police force. Today I am announcing the formation of the anti-crime unit. Under the leadership of Captain Quentin Lance, these officers will report directly to me, and by working together, we will begin the process of saving our city." Oliver said, to much applause from the press.

"Also, another announcement that is actually the result of my little kidnapping incident, but my search for a deputy mayor has to come an end, as I have decided to promote my chief of staff Thea Queen to become my new Deputy Mayor. Now before any of you ask, no I am not showing her favoritism. This decision was reached by the city council and I am simply agreeing with them, since in my absence, Thea rose to the challenge and restored order to our government and prevented a breakdown while I was being held hostage. And besides, now when I give my little sister directions, she has to follow them." Oliver said, adding that last part to lighten the tension and it worked as chuckles rang out amongst reporters.

"Well, that went smoothly." Oliver said as he, Laurel and Thea made his way into his office.

"Yeah, though was that comment really necessary?" Thea asked.

"PR recommended I include a joke like that to help people not think I was showing you favoritism." Oliver said.

"And you just really wanted to say that." Laurel said.

"Fair point. But anyways, now we need to focus on Church." Oliver said.

"For more than one reason." Laurel said with a smile.

"What?" Thea asked.

"I did some digging and it turns out that Church has several federal arrest warrants out for him, due to his growing crime enterprise. We catch him and I have what I need to help us in more ways than one." Laurel said and Thea realized what that meant.

"Roy." Thea said.

"I can make a deal with the US Attorney, Roy goes free so long as Church takes his place, but only if we have Church to offer." Laurel explained.

"Then why are we still here, we should be out hunting for him now." Thea said.

"We will find him. But we can't drop everything for it. This city does need leadership after all." Oliver said.

"Who are you and what have you done with Oliver Queen?" Laurel asked.

"Very funny Laurel. But you were the one who told me I could live in the lair my whole life. We all have other responsibilities aside from the team. We can't neglect them either." Oliver said.

"Fine, but after work, I'm suiting up and I'm going to do whatever I have to in order to take Church down." Thea said as she left the office.

"That's the sort of anger I expect to see from you. Not her." Laurel said to Oliver.

"Well, this is the love of her life we're talking about. Thea was always Roy's blind spot and it looks like he's her blind spot to. Just like you're mine." Oliver said, taking Laurel aback.

"Wait, what did you just say?" Laurel asked.

"You're my blind spot Laurel. John's been saying it for years and he's right. I don't think clearly when it comes to you." Oliver said.

"I'm not sure if I should be flattered or not by that." Laurel said.

"You should. It's a good thing. I may not think clearly when it comes to you, but if anything, that just shows how much I love you Laurel." Oliver said and Laurel smiled.

"Then I will definitely take that as a compliment. Especially since you're my blind spot to Ollie." Laurel said and Oliver smiled as he pulled her into his lap.

"You know, I don't have any appointments for a new hours." Oliver said.

"I got the doors and cameras." Laurel said as she caught his drift before discreetly using her powers to block the cameras with ice and then freezing the door shut.

Oliver pulled down the shades on the windows and told his assistant not to interrupt him for a little while as Laurel fell back into his lap and they began to kiss.